☾ 𝙘𝙝. 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 ☾

❃゜・。。. ・°゜✼ ゜°・ . 。。・゜❃

prog•ress (noun):

forward or onward movement toward a destination.

❃゜・。。. ・°゜✼ ゜°・ . 。。・゜❃

Shit!

I felt a sudden, harsh sting in my hand, making me bring it down again and grip it with the other.

I thought the spell said it wasn't supposed to hurt me!

I growled and had to briefly run my hand under cool water before exiting out of the tab with the spell on it.

That's the fifth one! When am I going to find one that works??

Well, I guess first I should do research on if they've worked for others and the words.

Or maybe I should switch to potions, those seem easier.

It'll bring out the inner La Voisin in me.

"How's the spell practice coming? Any successful ones yet?" Norman asks me, putting the cover on my iPad.

I walk back into my bedroom and groan.

"No, no luck yet. They all seem to give me burns."

Norman blinks curiously as I examine my hand next to him, the redness showing now.

It kinda felt like I got struck by lightning.

"Have you ever researched the products and if other people have tried it?"

I snicker. "I was thinking of doing that, but honestly, who else would be doing these kinds of spells?"

"Good point..."

He researches certain spells and I practice them, attempting to successfully cast part of the spell without doing it in full so suddenly.

If it didn't hurt me, that was a good sign. If something happened, perhaps a spark or a fancy light show, then that was also a good sign.

However, this never happened.

I sigh in frustration before I bring up the point of potions.

"Potions? Are you sure that's any better?"

"Hey according to The British Library it's not only vital in witchcraft, it's also vital in curing illness and diseases." I scratch my head.

"Besides, now that I think about it, healing potions are like a cooler version of modern day medicine..."

"We're getting a bit off topic-"

"Right, right. Sorry." I say.

I wait for him to say his opinion on the potions aspect of my idea, though it takes him a bit to answer.

"If it gets me back to my family... then I'll do anything." he finally says.

I nod. "Well then, I guess we're doing potions. Seen as my dumbass keeps somehow doing these spells wrong."

Norman grows alert as he says, "Don't accidentally poison me! That's the last thing I need!"

"I'm not gonna poison you! I just have to find the right recipe and research the materials before I give it to you!" I retort, going back on my laptop to look for potion recipes.

❃゜・。。. ・°゜✼ ゜°・ . 。。・゜❃

 。。・゜❃