☾ 𝙘𝙝. 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 ☾

❃゜・。。. ・°゜✼ ゜°・ . 。。・゜❃

spook•y (adjective):

sinister or ghostly in a way that causes fear and unease.

❃゜・。。. ・°゜✼ ゜°・ . 。。・゜❃

(A/n: I wanted to include a fun chapter, so I'm pretending there was a version of trick or treating during 2020, most people leave out candy in bowls outside their doors, some will answer it with a mask on)

I spring up out of bed in excitement.

TODAY IS HALLOWEEN!!!

I jumped out of bed, it already being 12 in the afternoon, and on a Saturday since I stayed up almost all night doing more research and went to the gym, took a shower, and got dressed.

Norman woke up with me and had come to the gym, following the same routine as me.

"What's so special about Halloween anyway? Don't your parents just give you a few pieces of candy or a cookie and call it a day?"

I gasp dramatically.

"I'm afraid to ask if that's how it was for you!" I say with wide eyes, practically inhaling my waffles.

He shrugs. "Yeah. It wasn't really a big thing-"

I repeatedly hit my hand on the counter as I gulped down a bite of my waffles.

"Not only was today used for ancient Celtic's to dress up in costumes and dance around a bonfire to ward off spirits, but in modern days, Halloween is used for conning middle aged couples out of candy they buy for you to show up to their house."

Norman always seemed confused by the way I explained things, but I thought it made sense.

I mean, that's basically what it is anyway.

"Right..." he thinks. "And are you participating in this... candy stealing event?"

I burst into laughter. "'Candy stealing' hahaha! It's called Trick or Treating, but yes. I do it every year with my friends."

Norman hums. "What about B/f/n?"

I pout as I rest my chin on my hand. "He didn't wanna do it. Said it was 'babyish' and that it would be embarrassing." I scoff.

There is no age limit to trick or treating, fool.

At least when I'm 18, I'd start going to parties instead.

Until then, I'm gonna milk the shit out of my youth and get free candy from strangers.

Norman hums. "Well, given that it is Halloween, would you like to watch a scary movie?"

I nod. "I go on marathons all the time when it's Halloween!" I gasp, then suddenly grab him by the arms and startle him. "Let's watch The Purge series!"

"T-the Purge? What's that?"

I let go of his arms. "A national holiday where people are allowed to legally murder each other."

Norman's eyes bug out of his head.

I wave my hand in front of his face. "Of course it isn't real, but the movie series is very interesting! We need to watch it!"

I clean up after us and close the blinds downstairs to get ready for the movie marathon.

I hold up a finger to Norman as I dim some of the lights and get a blanket from the supply closet.