The Funeral.

Time jump a week later. It's Derek's funeral.

Arizona is at her parents for the weekend so she took Mariyah and Journey with her so they can meet them. You and April stayed over Meredith's to help out. "Y/n, time to get up." April says shaking you. You sit up and look at April. "Meredith asked us to get the kids ready. And your boob is falling out of your bra." April says. You sit up and fix your bra. "Ima iron everyone's dress and then I'll come help you." April says. You stand up and walk upstairs and into bailey and Zola's room. Zola is already up with her crazy hair out. "Hey Zo." you say. "Hi aunt y/n." Zola says playing with Bailey on the floor. "Go take your shower Zozo then I'll come do your hair." you say. Zola gets up and goes to the bathroom. You pick up Bailey and walk to Meredith's room.

You knock on Meredith's door. "Come in." Meredith says lowly. You walk in holding bailey. "Okay, so Zola is in the shower. April is ironing all of our dresses." you say to Meredith as you sit on the edge of the bed. "The last thing that happened between us was an argument." Meredith says fixing the pillows. "Meredith, what happened?" you say. "He had a serious head trauma. The Neuro surgeon was almost a hour late but by the time he got there Derek was gone.." Meredith says. "30 fucking minutes." you say. "I know." Meredith says. You and Meredith talk about it for about 10 minutes. "Aunt y/n! Im done!" Zola yells. "Ima do Zola's hair. How do you want it?" you say. "It doesn't matter." Meredith says taking Bailey from your arms. "I'll be right back." you say getting up. You go to the bathroom where Zola is sitting there in her little tshirt and underwear.

Zola stands up in front of the mirror. "I miss my daddy." Zola says as you use the spray bottle and spray water on her hair. "Everyone misses your daddy Zola." you say. You put Zola's hair into 4 big puffs so you can detangle it good. You put curling cream onto one of the sections and finger detangle Zola's hair. You take about 30 minutes to finish the entire head. You part Zola's hair across and do two little braids in the front. You then tie it back so it's curly in the back but tied up in the front. "Okay, go ask aunt April for your dress!" you say. Zola runs out and goes downstairs.

You quickly hop into the shower. You get out and put your underwear and bra on. There's then a knock at the door. You open the door and it's April. "Mind if I just hop in?" April says. "That's fine." you say. April quickly jumps in the shower. "How you feeling y/n?" April says as she turns the water on. "I'll be fine." you say going through your makeup bag. You put this cream on your face and rub it in. You then talk with April as you do your makeup. You then finger coil your hair with water and some detangling cream. It takes you about 30 minutes to finish your hair and April has been got out the shower since then.

"We got to go in 10 minutes!" Meredith yells. You run downstairs and grab your dress. "Y/n! Put clothes on." Meredith says. "I'm trying!" you say putting your dress on. It's a simple black dress with some black sandals and your toes painted white. You go into the downstairs bathroom and check yourself out in the mirror and use your fingers to puff the coils out. A few minutes goes by and Meredith is yelling. "Let's go!" Meredith yells. You go out the bathroom and grab your cross over bag and your black sunglasses. "Let's go Zola and Bailey!" you say. Zola grabs your hand and april picks up Bailey. We all get into the little limo.

You hug Meredith as the limo drives to the funeral place. 20 minutes later you get there. There's a whole bunch of cars already out there. You, April, Meredith, Zola, and Bailey get out the car. "Wanna hold bailey y/n?" April whispers to you as soon as you get out the car. You put your sunglasses in your crossbody bag and take Bailey from April. You lay bailey on your shoulder as you all walk in. You give Meredith a little hug and a kiss on the cheek. Her and Zola keep walking to the front while you sit in the back holding Bailey.