Pranky Love 23 - Libby

Pranky Love 23 – Libby

Grinning widely, I could feel the happiness rushing into my heart. Just by hearing his voice, it made me calm and safe. Weird? I knew that. Maybe the mate bond was working, but lately, it didn’t really matter to me anymore. To me, Dom was just Dom and his personalities were the things that caught my heart the most.

So, why should I bother to avoid my feeling any longer? It brought the both of us a great deal of pain. If I weren’t holding back, maybe this kidnapping wouldn’t happen so easily. If I had mated, he could clearly know where I was through our bond.

I tried to erase all those negative things in mind, trying to be strong. Nothing could change what happened at the moment. Thinking about ‘if’ would only make me regret my behavior towards Dom more and more.

My negativity was changed into surprised, when I heard the loud bang of slamming door. I didn’t expect any visitor, well… not that I had a choice. I looked at the man who stood in front of me.

He really looked like the devil Reed, but slightly younger. He looked so angry. For what, I didn’t know, but I knew that it was directed to me.

“So… you are the girl who makes my brother crazy, huh?” He raised his eyebrows in hatred.

“Crazy?”

“Yes! Without you, we have no need to bother another pack and go into war!”

“Without me?” I echoed him. I knew that I should be afraid, but somehow even though the guy in front of me looked like Reed, but he didn’t emanate the same evilness. Hatred? Yes. But, it was certainly not evil.

I started to talk again, well… more like yelling, “Do you think I want to be here? I have a mate! A mate who loves me and yet we have to share the pain because we are being separated!”

He raised his eyebrows at me, then walking closer to me. “Really? That’s not what I heard.”

“What do you mean? What did you hear?”

“My brother said that you are his mate and that Alpha is trying to take you from us. Tell me the truth or I will throttle you!”

This time he was serious and it started to make me scared, but I didn’t show it. I knew maybe he could smell my fear, but at least, I didn’t want to cower in front of the enemy.

I replied him calmly, “I told you the truth. Your brother is crazy!”

He started to walk toward me, “Don’t you dare say he is crazy.”

Was the guy in front of me bipolar? He seemed like a great guy who was thinking about peace, and then he just started to get crazy. Maybe I should make him calm a little.

“Okay. If your brother isn’t crazy, but he’s certainly delusional.” I tried to change what I said to something… milder.

“Stop talking bad about him! He’s our Alpha and you have to respect him!”

Okay, maybe that wasn’t working. I couldn’t hold my tongue. He wanted me to respect his brother? No way in hell I would do that! Maybe craziness ran in their family.

“Then, why did he say I’m his mate? I am not!” I denied vehemently. I was only Dom’s, no one else.

“I have no idea. I have to check on this matter. I just get back here and everything is in a mess!” He was a bit unsure and I guessed he started to believe in me. I wasn’t lying, of course he must trust me!