Pranky Love 17 - Libby

Pranky Love 17 – Libby

A pretty little girl with black hair around ten years old came in, holding a tray. I could see the trace of abusing on her face. There were a lot of yellowish-blue marks here and there covering her white skin, making it more obvious. However, it couldn’t hide her intelligent gray eyes, even though there was no life in both of her eyes.

What the heck was wrong with this place? Were they talking with fists here? She looked scared to go near me, so I decided to smile reassuringly at her.

“What are you doing here inside here, little girl? This is not the right place for you.” I tried to ease the tension.

I saw a spark in her eyes, before it was slightly dimmed. The people here really killed her spirit. “They . . . they order me to give you some food and ugh . . . change your bandage,” she answered me shakily.

“But, you are too small? Where are the others?” I honestly tried to understand what happened to this girl, but then I also realized this was the great opportunity to know where I was being held at the moment.

“They are preparing for something uhm . . . called war and too busy with it.” After saying that, it seemed like she started to feel a bit comfortable, maybe knowing that I wouldn’t hit her. I tried to keep my stance as relax as possible, so she would feel okay to come to me.

She walked to me, slightly wobbling. When I tensed for a second, she seemed to catch up with it and frozen. What the heck did they do to the poor little girl? I decided to distract her, “What’s your name?”

“Diana.” She gave me the tray in a hurry and then crawled to the other side of the room.

I pretended to be oblivious to her odd behavior. “Are you going to stay here with me?”

She nodded, “Until you finish eating and the Alpha said I have to make sure you finish it all.”

Then, this was a really good opportunity. “Where is this place?”

She shook his head, then answered me in a small voice, “I don’t know. I only know this is a rogue base camp. That’s what everyone says.”

“Where are your parents?”

After I asked that, she quickly looked down and cried a bit. “They died.”

I wanted to hug her, but I didn’t think she would be comfortable with me. “What happened?”

She kept silent. I sighed, guessing that she didn’t want to talk about it and I didn’t blame her. I felt I had a connection with her and I didn’t even know why, maybe she felt it too, because she could easily hold a conversation with me.

“They killed him in front of me,” she told me, whispering.

“Who?”

“This pack.”

Our condition might be different, but it was actually almost the same. My mother died in front of me and I had to live with my ex-dad who unconsciously killed her. However, I was still in better condition than her. My ex-dad didn’t abuse me physically.

“I know how you feel.”

“No, you don’t know!” she yelled. Finally, I got a spark from her, so at least it wasn’t to late to save her and make her my ally. I just hoped Diana was a brave girl. I told her about my story, even though I got no response from her – she just looked at me blankly, not showing me any emotions.