Mommy and daddy (chapter 126)

“Having somewhere to go is home. Having someone to love is family. And having both is a blessing.”
–Unknown

Riley POV

,,So you said you wanted to tell me something about Nick."

,,Right." Mom said and then she and dad took a deep breath before continuing. ,,Nick showed up here again and we wanted to ask you something. We understand if you want to get to know him. We totally get it. I mean at the end of the day he is still your biological father. If you want to stay in contact with him or whatever you can do that, but if you don't then he will stay away from you." Mom said and to be honest I had no idea what I wanted.

,,You don't have to take any decisions now. Take your time and think about what you want." Dad said and took my hand in his squeezing it lightly.

This was one of the moments I wished he was my biological father or even just my adoptive father. He is my dad and he will always be because he is the only father figure I had and I can't be more thankful for that, but I just wish sometimes that he was my real father.

,,I kinda want to get to know Nick more, but he lied and I don't know if I should trust him at all. Like he lied really badly and I don't feel...safe?...around him." I said and mom and dad nodded understanding.

,,If you wanna meet up with him we can come with you if that would make it better, but like I said you don't have to because you don't owe him anything. Okay?" Mom said, I nodded and then hugged both of them.

They held me close and stroke my back lightly. Once again I felt so stupid because I didn't believe them from the beginning , but I was just so confused that I couldn't think straight. I'm just relieved that they are not mad for the bullshit that came out of my mouth after Nick 'brainwashed' me.

,,Group hug!" I heard Mason say from behind and that made us break the hug and when I turned around I saw Mason standing there with just his towel around his torso.

,,Your shirt, buddy." Dad said and suddenly Mason turned bright red.

,,Dear god, Shawn!" Mom said and slapped dad's shoulder lightly.

,,What? I just pointed it out." Dad said defending himself.

I reached under one of the pillows to find Mason's pajamas in which he slept last night and threw it in his face.

,,Thanks." He simply said and then almost ran into the bathroom again to get changed.

,,Stop looking at me like that! They are getting older so I have to get more protective." Dad said and that's when I noticed the way mom was staring at him.

,,You're protective enough, babe." Mom said and dad shook his head.

,,Goodnight, you two." I said wanting to end this discussion as early as possible and that's also when Mason walked back in the room, but this time in his pajamas.

,,Goodnight." Mom said and kissed my forehead.

,,Goodnight, princess." Dad said and kissed my cheek, but I crossed my arms over his neck to give him a hug and not letting him go.

,,Night, Mason." I heard mom say.

,,Goodnight, Mila." I heard Mason say and then I kissed dad's cheek before letting him go.

Dad smiled at me before he tickled me lightly and then put the covers over my face. I laughed lightly while I put the covers away from my face to see how he and mom were leaving the room.

,,Rude!" I shouted after him and he showed me his tongue making me giggle.

,,Love you." Mom said and pulled dad by his hand after her like he was a toddler.