Tarzan (chapter 103)

“Just like how butter melts on a hot pan, your heart will melt when your cute puppy takes a nap in your lap.”
- Unknown

Camila POV

Weeks passed by and I have to say that having two kids is more exhausting then I thought. Now that Riley was in summer vacation I had to 'split in two' so I could be there for both Riley and Nathan.

I was happy that Riley loved Nathan. The only problem was that she didn't really knew how to interact with him carefully, so Shawn and I always had to have an eye on them.

,,Mommy, when is daddy coming home?" Riley asked me while I was trying to make Nathan fall asleep by rocking him in my arms through the house.

,,He’ll be home any minute now." I said.

,,I'm bored! Can you play with me?" Riley asked and started jumping around.

,,Riley... Try to be a little quiet... I've to put Nathan to sleep, but then I promise you that I’ll play whatever you want. Okay, princess?" I asked and she rolled her eyes and run upstairs.

I felt so bad that I made her sad, but I had to put Nate to bed so I could play with her. I know it's sometimes hard for her when not all the attention is on her like she was used to until now, but Nate was a baby and she had to understand some certain things.

I walked with Nate in his room upstairs and after a while he finally fall asleep in my arms, so I could put him down in his bed. I exited his room afterwards and closed the door so that he could have his silence. I had an app on my phone that was connected to a camera in his room so I could see when he was waking up or crying.

I noticed that Riley's door was closed so I walked over there and knocked at the door.

,,Riley, baby, please don't be sad. I can play with you now if you want." I said through the door.

,,I don't want to anymore." She yelled from the other room and it broke my heart knowing that she was mad at me. She was never mad at me...

,,Can I come in?" I asked and there was no answer so I didn't know what to do.

I didn't want to be one of the moms that wasn't giving her kids any privacy, but I didn't like the thought of Riley being mad at me in her room.

,,Princess, please talk to me..." I said and a second later she opened the door and I saw that she had puffy eyes from crying.

No...

I kneed in front of her and placed my hands on both oh her cheeks. I brushed her tears away with my thumb and then left a soft kiss on her nose.

,,What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

,,You and daddy don't spend as much time with me as you used to since Nate came...." She said and my heart broke hearing her words. I suddenly felt so bad, but I didn't know how I could divide myself better...

,,I'm so sorry, princess, but I don't know how to make it better. Nate is a baby and he also needs us. You are older, but that doesn't mean you need us less. I'm sorry if you felt like we were giving you less attention... What can we do to make it better?" I asked her.

,,I don't know...." She said and looked down at her feet.

,,Okay, I have an idea. Let's make a daily plan where I will be just yours." I said and a smile appeared on Riley's face. ,,While Nate is asleep we can do whatever you want. Does this sound good?" I asked and she nodded while I wiped another tear away. ,,Can you promise me to tell me if something is wrong from now on?"