Come on then (chapter 119)

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
— Dumbledore

Riley POV

In the middle of the night I was suddenly waken up by someone yelling. At first, I couldn't place it and I was confused about who could fight in the middle of the night. But then I remembered.

I wasn't home.

I got scared when I heard glass breaking from the other side of the door. I looked next to me and saw that Mason was woken up by the noise too. Who wouldn’t, to be honest.

,,Stop throwing things around!" Someone yelled and I think it was Alessia.

,,You cheated on me in my own apartment!? You're a slut!" Someone yelled back and I think it was Nick.

,,What were you doing all night long? I'm sure you weren't having fun with just your friends."

,,I was having fun with a specific friend for your information, but at least I wasn't having fun in your apartment and in your bed!" Nick yelled and then I heard once again something break.

,,Mason..." I said in a whispered and he pulled me closer to him. He started rubbing my back while I had my arms wrapped around his torso. ,,I wanna go home. I don't care if Nick was telling the truth. And even if he was, I understand why mom and dad wanted me far away from him." I said and then suddenly Mason stood up from the bed.

,,Come on then." He said and I only looked confused at him.

,,What? Where?" I asked and tried to ignore all the noise on the other side of the door.

,,I'm bringing you home." He said and stretched his hand for me to take it.

,,Mase, it's literally the middle of the night and we live in New York. We can't go home now. Let's wait until tomorrow morning." I said and then he kneed in front of the bed taking my hands in his. That action somehow brought butterflies in my stomach, but I ignored them knowing it wasn't right.

,,Nick is totally drunk right now and can't think straight. He can come here and decide to beat us up or whatever. We're just going to take a taxi back to your place and we will be alright." He said and I was still having doubts about his 'plan'.

,,Get out of here, you whore!" I heard Nick yell and I knew I didn't want to stay here so I said:

,,Okay let's go. I don't wanna stay here any longer." I said and Mason nodded before he started packing up our stuff. ,,How are we getting out of here?" I asked.

,,Through the window, but we should change first. We probably shouldn't be running through New York in pajamas." He said and I nodded.

He threw clothes in my face and I glared lightly at him, but he only chuckled at my reaction. His smile faded quickly as Nick started yelling even louder.

,,Turn around tho." I said.

,,You too." He said and that's also what we both did.

I changed quickly with my back at him and then waited for him to say that he's done. When we were both changed we only took our phones and then tried to open the window without making loud noises.

This apartment wasn't safe at all. It was at the first floor and the windows didn't even have a grid to protect from break-ins.

Mason and I managed to open the window pretty quickly without making any noise. Mason was the first one who climbed out the window and then also helped me get out the window.