His sister (chapter 45)

“Where there is family, there is love.”
–Unknown

Camila POV

Shawn and I told Karen and Manuel the story and they were in shock. They knew a few things about the night, but no one told them the whole story until now.

Anyways, after we told them everything, we all decided to drop the subject and just enjoy the sunny day.

The picnic was amazing and so was the rest of the day. That night, I slept at my apartment because I needed to meet up with Aaliyah the next morning and surprise Shawn.

I planned to surprise Shawn with Aaliyah in the morning so we can all eat breakfast together and then our friends would come over and we can have a mini party. After all that, I planned an evening at my apartment just for him and I...

Karen, Manuel and Aaliyah would stay at Shawn's apartment with Riley and we'll spend the night at my place. Karen insisted to take Riley, so we could have a worries free night, so I just accepted.

It wasn't like Shawn and I weren't getting any alone time cause we were getting it, but maybe we really needed a night where is JUST the two of us.

The morning of Shawn's birthday, I woke up at 6 am in the morning to go and pick up Aaliyah from the airport. She was coming from LA because she was studying in UCLA. From what I know, Aaliyah was also accepted at NYU, but her dream was UCLA so that's where she went.

She's going to stay in New York for a while because she was in summer break now. Well the summer break started in June, but she took some summer classes because she wanted to make an exchange year in Europe, so she wanted to show how passionate she is.

From what she told me on the phone, everything is going just great and her chances for an exchange year are really high.

I ate something quickly, changed in a matter of a second, fed Riley and then also changed her as fast as I could.

I walked with Riley in the baby carrier to Shawn's apartment. We got there pretty fast without any problems. I only took Shawn's car keys and left again.

I walked to Shawn's car and put Riley in her baby car seat in the back and I got in the driver seat and drove off. It was really early so the roads were free.

Thank god.

I'm not the best driver and the busy streets of New York are a nightmare for me, but I hope I'll get better one day.

Anyways, after a while we arrived at the airport and I parked the car and took my phone to wait for Aaliyah to text me.

While I was waiting I looked at Riley who fell asleep in the back. She was looking so peaceful and I couldn't help, but take a picture of her. I put that photo as my background photo and I kept my lock screen that had a picture of Shawn, Addison and I.

That picture was probably my favorite. Addison and I were making weird faces while Shawn was kissing my cheek. I smiled at that and at the memory.

Suddenly my phone started to ring and I saw it was Aaliyah so I immediately picked up.

,,Hey! You landed?" I answered the phone.

,,Yep! I'm actually at the passport control. I need to get my luggage and I'll be out in maybe 15 minutes. Where are you?" Aaliyah asked.

,,I'm in the car park right in front of the airport. I can come and pick you up at your terminal. Is that okay?"

,,That would be great! Then I see you later, sis!"