It wasn't you (chapter 82)

“True love stories never have endings.”
-Unknown

Camila POV

I opened the door and saw Shawn sitting on the bed with the back at me. All I wanted to do was run to him and hug, touch and kiss him, but I knew he was mad at something I did and that's why I couldn't do that. I didn't even know what that something was. I had no clue what happened.

,,You don't know what happened?" He asked and hearing his voice was like a plaster for one of the hundred bruises on my heart.

,,I don't remember....but I didn't drink.... I only drank half of that wine glass or that's at least the last thing I remember...." I said hearing my voice break after literally every word that came out of my mouth.

,,Should I tell you what you did?" He asked me and turned around to look at me.

I looked him in the eyes and saw pain. All I saw was a person who was hurting. I could see his heart breaking through his eyes and that made everything worse than it already was for me.

,,What did I do?" I asked.

*Throwback to last night*

Shawn POV

,,So what did you do with all that money?" One of the men there asked some other men while I was just standing there awkwardly looking for Camila so we could fake our emergency and leave.

I looked around and spotted her walking out of the room with Josh, so I decided to just go after her.

,,Excuse me." I said and then left after Camila.

When I walked out the main room, I felt a little lost and didn't know where they went. I just walked in one of the rooms and there was no one in there.

I checked every room there until I got at the kitchen and when I opened the door to the kitchen, it was like my heart was ripped out of my chest.

I saw Camila on the kitchen counter kissing Josh or better said making out with Josh.

*Throwback ends*

,,No. I would never do that. NEVER!" I said not wanting to believe that I could do something like that.

,,That's what I thought too until yesterday. I guess we learn something new about each other every day." He said and I just shook my head as a no.

,,No, Shawn. I would never. I'd better die then do something like that to YOU. I love you..." I said and I saw some tears appearing in his eyes so I tested my luck and walked to him to wipe his tears away.

For my surprise, he let me do it, but didn't look me in the eyes.

,,Shawn, I don't know what happened yesterday, but who you saw, it wasn't me. Mary thinks someone put something in my drink and that's why.... But you have to believe me when I say that I'd never do that to you. I don't wanna believe that I did that to you." I said feeling like a cascade of tears.

He placed his hands on my cheeks and wiped my tears away with his thumbs. He let one hand on my cheek and with the other he took my hand in his. He looked down at my hand and started playing with my ring.

My eyes widen and I started shaking from fear. Was he thinking about breaking up? No! No, we can't break up. Not when everything was perfect and I finally felt like I had my own little family.

,,No. Please no..." I said and he looked up at me before he brought my hand to his lips and kissed my ring. He rested his forehead against the back of my hand and I was just shaking like crazy.