Dying on the inside (chapter 81)

"It hurts a lot when things are not going how you want it."
-Unknown

Camila POV

I woke up and reached for Shawn, but my hand only fell on the sheets. I opened my eyes confused and saw that Shawn wasn't there. Suddenly I realized that I didn't even know how I got back home. What the hell happened?

I got out of bed and fell the smell of an omelette and I thought that maybe Shawn was in the kitchen, but when I entered the kitchen, I only saw Mary.

,,Good morning..." She said and didn't even make eye contact.

What was happening? Was this a bad dream or something?

,,Morning. Did you see Shawn?" I asked her and she looked at me confused.

,,He left last night after he brought you home..." He said and that confused me completely.

,,What do you mean he left? Mary, what happened last night?" I asked and she took in a deep breath.

,,You don't remember?" She asked me and tried my besy to remember anything, but there was literally nothing.

,,I-....I don't...but I didn't even drink more then half of a wine at that party." I said confused and Mary looked worried at me.

,,Was there something in the drink?" She asked and I started feeling overwhelmed by everything.

,,I- I don't know. Josh, Barbara's husband gave me the glass when we got there." I said and Mary's eyes widen in realization.

,,Okay, maybe you need to sit down for this..." She said and made me sit on one of the chairs. ,,I just overheard your conversation from last night, but it sounded like Shawn saw you with another man named...Josh."

,,WHAT!? NO! You are kidding me, aren't you? I would never ever in my life do such a thing. I'd rather die than do something like that!" I said feeling all my body shaking while anxiety grew like a fire in the woods through my veins.

,,I'm just telling you what I heard... I only know that Shawn seemed angry and left at some point." Mary said and I just wanted to wake up from this nightmare. This couldn't be real. I would never in my life do that. NEVER.

I stood up from my chair and ran in the bedroom to take my phone. My fingers were shaking in a way they never did before while I searched for Shawn's contact to call him.

While I was waiting for him to pick up, I was feeling like I will pass out.

,,Pick up. Pick up. Pick up. Please..." I mumbled to myself and when he didn't pick up, I called him again and again and again until I couldn't see anything anymore because of the tears in my eyes.

I texted him and got no answer. I was feeling like I was choking by just breathing.

,,Mommy?" I heard Riley's soft voice, so I quickly wiped away my tears and put my mask on.

,,Morning, princess." I said giving her a smile that killed me on the inside.

,,Where is daddy?" She asked me and I bit as hard as I could on my bottom lip so it could bleed. As it started bleeding, I thought I was gonna calm down, but I didn't.

I hid my shaking hands behind my back not wanting Riley to see what was really happening.

,,He's at the praxis. He had some important things to do." I said with the last power I had.

,,Can we go and visit him?" Riley asked and that's when Mary entered the room too.

,,Riley, come with me and let's eat breakfast." Mary said saving me some explanations.