Are you calling me old? (chapter 79)

"Love is the magician that pulls man out of his own hat."
- Ben Hecht

Camila POV

When I got at the kindergarten to pick up Riley, she once again ran in my arms. This time she was smiling and wasn't crying like the first time.

I walked with Riley home and felt incredibly exhausted. Mary came over and told me to go and take a nap 'cause she could make lunch for Riley. I walked in the bedroom and wanted to plug in my phone, but then I remembered that I wanted to check when my period was going to come.

I logged into my calendar and my eyes widen. I was two days late! I was never late! Like never! I was always on time or earlier, but NEVER earlier!

,,Shit!" I yelled and let myself fall on the bed.

I couldn't be pregnant! It wasn't the right timing. With the wedding in a few weeks, with all the stress at the praxis and all the stress with Riley not wanting to go to kindergarten, me being pregnant would make everything even more stressful.

,,What happened, sweetie?" Mary asked as she entered the bedroom.

I just showed her my phone not being able to form words. Her eyes widen and then she pulled me in for a hug.

,,You might be pregnant!?" She asked me excited.

,,Yes.... What do I do now? What if I'm pregnant? I can't be pregnant yet." I said starting to freak out.

,,Calm down, Mila. Why can't you pregnant? You love Shawn. You are getting married to Shawn. You have a stable place to live and a stable job. What isn't good about this timing?" Mary asked.

,,Yes and no. At the praxis we need employees and if I go in motherhood leave, Shawn will have more stress then he already has." I said and took a pillow and hid my face in it.

,,You still have time until you have to go into motherhood leave and until then I'm sure you'll find an employee and plus, until then, you will be married. You will be married in two weeks if we're being exact. Mila, everything about the timing is perfect." Mary said and she was kinda right.

,,Mommy! I'm hungry!" We heard Riley scream.

,,The food is ready in a few minutes, princess." Mary shouted back.

,,Okay, grandma!" Riley yelled and then I heard her giggle.

,,I think Riley will be happy too to have a sibling." Mary said with a smile.

,,I should call Shawn. Shouldn't I?" I asked and Mary nodded. ,,But what should I tell him?"

,,That you think you are pregnant and that you need a test." Mary simply said.

,,I can't tell him that on the phone like it's nothing."

,,Then wait until he gets home. Riley, Aaliyah and I will go out so you two can talk. Okay?"

,,Okay. Thank you..." I said and pulled her in for a hug.

,,No problem... You know what?" She asked me, but didn't break the hug and instead stroke my hair lightly.

,,What?" I asked and hid my face in her shoulder.

,,You're the daughter I never had..." She said and that only made hug her tighter.

,,You're the first mom figure I had in the last two decades." I said and I felt some tears in my eyes. If I'm pregnant then I blame it on the hormones.

,,You should take a nap." Mary said, broke the hug and wiped some of her tears away and then some of mine.

,,I think I needed that." I said and Mary left to let me rest for a while.