You're my only family (chapter 1)

"The most important thing in the world is family and love.” –John Wooden

Camila POV

,,Miss Cabello, is your turn." A woman said and I stood up from my chair and entered an office.

I was looking for a job at a dental praxis now that I graduated college. My mom and dad were dentists and I wanted to be one too to make them proud of me.

,,Hello, Miss Cabello! Take a sit." Mr Smith said as I entered his office and pointed at a chair for me to sit down.

,,My name is Karla Camila Cabello. I just graduated college and-" I sat down and presented myself as suddenly my phone started ringing.

Fuck! Camila you're an idiot! Why don't you put your phone on silent!?

I looked at the screen and saw that my sister, Nina, was calling me. She was on the way to me together with her 3 months old daughter. The father of Riley, Nina's daughter, left as he heard that Nina was pregnant. I know, very mature. Nina went back to our hometown to our old family house for her pregnancy. She wanted to visit me this weekend, so I could see her baby.

,,I've to answer this call. I'm very sorry Mr Smith." I said and saw that the man was already looking disappointed at me.

,,Go ahead." He said and I answered the phone.

,,Hello? Nina?"

,,Camilita! We're on the way to you. We just set off. What are you doing?" Nina said happily and excited on the phone.

,,Nina, I told you I have a few job interviews this morning. I can't talk right now. Is there something important you need to tell me?"

,,Oh- Sorry sis! There's nothing important. Riley and I just wanted to check on our favorite Camilita. Right, Riley?"

,,If that's all, I really need to hang up. See you later, Nina. Give Riley a kiss from me."

,,I will. See you! Love you!"

I hung up and turned my attention back to Mr Smith who looked disappointed and disgusted at me. Did I do something wrong?

,,I'm sorry Mr Smith. This was my sister. I thought it was important. Can we move on?" I asked him, but he waved me off and said.

,,No thank you. I saw enough. You aren't a responsible person." He said and I just looked confused at him.

,,I'm sorry Mr Smith, but I don't understand... Why am I not responsible?"

,,I said I heard enough! Madison please bring the next person in!" He said and I just took my stuff and stormed out from his office.

Asshole!

I took a Taxi and went to my next job interview. I needed a job urgently! I only had my part time job at a restaurant, but that wasn't enough to pay my bills. I studied to be a dentist, not a waitress.

The next interview was working well. At least that's what I thought, but suddenly my phone rang again.

,,I'm sorry." I said and I wanted to hung up, but I saw that it was the hospital. I was confused to see that so I said: ,,I think it's important, sir... I need to answer this."