Nathan (chapter 100)

“A happy baby has shining eyes. It walks open-hearted into the world and spreads magic.” 
– Sigrid Leo

Camila POV

We looked wide eyed at each other in realization and I felt frozen. Holy shit!

,,My water broke..." I said and felt my voice shake a little.

,,Fuck, fuck, fuck! The baby is coming!" Shawn said and suddenly started panicking. ,,Where is the baby bag?" He asked.

,,In the nursery." I said and he ran out the kitchen in a matter of a second and came back with the baby bag on his shoulder.

,,Come on. We need to go to the car." He said and tried to help me walk, but I shook my head.

,,Not with the car." I said and he looked confused at me.

,,Mila, we need to get at the hospital." He said and took my hands in his.

,,I know, but not with the car. I don't want to." I said and he went with his hands through his hair trying to figure something out.

,,Riley, can you wait here until grandma and grandpa come? When the interphone rings and there is grandma and grandpa, you let them in. Mommy and I have to go now because your brother is coming. Okay?" Shawn asked Riley.

,,Okay." Riley said and didn't seem confused or anything and that's because Shawn and I explained her a while ago that when the water breaks then the baby is coming. We told her that because we didn't want her to be scared when it would happen.

,,Mila, everything will be okay if we go with the car. I promise to drive as careful as possible. I won't let anything happen, but we need to go now and get at the hospital. Okay?" Shawn said and cupped my face in his hands.

,,I'm scared." I whispered.

,,I know, but I'm here. Nothing will happen. I promise you that, but we really need to go." He said and I just nodded. ,,Don't open the door to ANYONE else besides grandma and grandpa. Promise me that." Shawn said to Riley as he helped me walk to the door to put my shoes on.

,,I promise." Riley said.

,,If something happenes, call us with the house phone. Okay?" Shawn asked and Riley nodded.

,,Take care of mommy." Riley said softly and that warmed my heart.

,,Always, princess." Shawn said and then kissed the top of Riley's head before we exited the apartment and took the elevator downstairs.

He walked with me to the car and helped me get in the passenger seat. He kissed my forehead before he closed the door to the car and walked to the other side to get in the driver's seat.

,,Are you okay?" He asked before he started the car.

,,Yeah." I simply said and tried to just concentrate on my breathing.

Shawn started the car and drove off carefully. He took one of my hands in his and kissed the back of it trying to calm down my anxiety. He wasn't driving fast and that comforted me a little. He stopped at a red light and placed his hand on my belly. I smiled at him while I was trying my best to focus on my breathing.

,,We're almost there." He said and a few minutes later we got at the hospital.

I was surprisingly calm. I felt the pain, but I was somehow handling it pretty good. Some nurses immediately gave us a room where the doctor that Hannah recommended us came.

,,Hello, Mr and Mrs Mendes. I'm Doctor McGary. Should we see when the little one is ready to come?" She asked with a friendly smile and I nodded while I took Shawn's hand in mine.