Let it out (chapter 98)

"My nightmares are usually about losing you. I'm okay once I realize you're here."
–Suzanne Collins

Camila POV

,,Shawn? Shawn! SHAWN!" I said loudly while I was shaking him to wake up.

What was happening!? He was okay just a second ago!

I got out of bed and ran in the corridor to search after a nurse.

,,Someone please help me!" I shouted and Shawn's nurse came followed by Doctor Wilson.

,,What happened?" The nurse asked me while the doctor started checking on Shawn.

,,I- I don't know. He was okay and then a second later he just....wasn't."

,,We need to get him into surgery now." Doctor Wilson said and suddenly everything was moving so fast that I couldn't even process what was happening. I just found myself in the room alone waiting for any news.

I walked out the room and tried to find a nurse and ask what was happening, but there was almost no one there because it was already late.

I suddenly saw Shawn's nurse and I immediately walked to her as fast as I could.

,,Can you tell me what is happening? Please!" I said to her.

,,You shouldn't be here. Go back to the room and lay down." The nurse said to me.

,,Not until you tell me what's wrong." I said stubborn.

,,Apparently your husband has internal bleeding in his stomach like Doctor Wilson suspected. He is in surgery right now. Can you now go to the room because trust me when I tell you that you don't want to give birth at 7 months because of too much stress." The nurse said.

,,Is he gonna get through the surgery?" I asked and the nurse took a deep breath.

,,Doctor Wilson is a good doctor. There are always chances of losing someone in a surgery, but your husband's survival chances are very high, so don't worry and go to bed. Please Mrs Mendes-Cabello... It's for your best." The nurse said and I finally gave in and did as I was told.

I walked back to the room and got in the bed while I was waiting anxious for the doctor to bring Shawn back.

Time passed and I had no news. I was so anxious but tried to stay in bed knowing that it wouldn't be smart to put me and the baby in danger too.

I waited and waited and just when I wanted to get out of bed and see what was happening, the door to the room opened and a few nurses brought Shawn in. Doctor Wilson walked in the room just after them and gave me a smile.

,,He is okay now. There is nothing you need to worry about anymore." Doctor Wilson said and I felt so relieved.

I took Shawn's hand in mine and kissed it. It felt weird not to see him wearing his ring, but I knew it was because they took it off. All of his stuff was in the room, but I couldn't care less. He was fine. He was okay and that's all that mattered.

,,Thank you so much..." I thanked the doctor and felt tears in my eyes when I looked at Shawn.

,,He'll probably wake up in an hour, but I would advise you to go to sleep. He is fine now." The doctor said and I nodded. ,,I'll come tomorrow again and I don't want to have a surprise about you and your baby being in danger, so go to sleep, Mrs Mendes-Cabello."

,,I will. Thank you for everything." I said and then the nurse and the doctor left.

It was just me and Shawn now. I crawled next to him in bed and tried no to touch his broken arm or leg or his stomach because I didn't know where he just got his surgery. I just nuzzled my head in his neck and tried to fall asleep.