Not ready to say goodbye (chapter 5)

“Sadly enough, the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained.” — Jonathan Harnisch

Camila POV

After Shawn and I put Riley's bed in her new room,I decided to organize her room the next day. Riley slept in her bed and I slept in mine. In that night, I only woke up to feed Riley and had no problems sleeping even if the next day was the funeral..

As we woke up, I ate breakfast and also gave Riley baby food instead of milk and she ate it to my surprise. I took a quick shower and then got dressed and also dressed Riley. As we were ready, we took the taxi to the cemetery where the funeral was. When we arrived there, I saw Addison and Nina's friends.

,,Hey.." They all said simultaneously as they saw me with Riley who was in the baby stroller.

,,Hi." I said quite emotionless.

No one said anything else because no one knew what to say. It was the worst place for a reunion and we all knew that.

During the funeral, I didn't cry. I didn't wanna cry in front of everyone, but I had to hold my speech so I'd probably cry there.

,,Now I'd let Nina's little sister to say a few things." The one who held the funeral said.

I let Riley with Addison and went to the crave and started my speech.

,,Nina was...the best sister. I can't imagine a better sister than her. As...our parents died we were both still little kids... She was only twelve and and I was eight... We went from foster family to foster family, but she was always there for me. Even if they hit us or said the most horrible things to us, Nina was always there and told me "We are gonna get together through this shit." and we did. As Nina was eighteen, she 'adopted' me and we returned together to our old house that was still ours. She didn't go to college just because she took care of me. She started working at eighteen to be able to put food on our table and I'm damn so greatful..." I suddenly felt tears falling down my cheek. ,,Nina...Nina deserved the best life! She deserved everything! Nina...was the best mom and the best sister... Nina was the most incredible human being on this entire earth. On this entire fucking earth! And what happens to incredible people? They die.. They die and leave others alone. Nina was always my ONLY family. As Riley was born, we were both the happiest people on earth. We felt like we finally had someone else that we could name family, but now I again have just one person I can call family..." I said and left.

I ran to Addison took Riley and left. I couldn't stay till the end and see how my sister would be put under the ground. I couldn't say goodbye to her. I didn't want to. I took Riley and just left. I didn't know where, but I knew I didn't want to be there.

As I left, I heard Addison running behind me and shouting my name, but the further I was getting the quieter her voice was getting. With the time, there was just the busy New York's noise.

After probably half an hour I got home. I took the keys and opened the building. I took Riley out of her stroller, put the stroller next to the stairs and locked it. I took the bags from the stroller in my other arm and went upstairs.

When I entered the apartment, I saw all the boxes and I knew what I had to do. I put Riley in the bed in her room and then started putting all the furniture that we got yesterday in her room. After the furniture was all organised, I started opening the boxes. In a lot of them were Riley's clothes that I put in her wardrobe and in others were toys that I put in her toys’ cabinet. While organizing and decorating, I also had to feed Riley.

After a few hours of just organizing, I also decided to clean the house. I also did that while I let Riley play with some toys in her room.

After another few hours of cleaning with a few breaks when I feeded Riley if I needed to or just played a little with her, I heard the door bell rang.