Big sister (chapter 94)

“Think of your family today and every day thereafter, don’t let the busy world of today keep you from showing how much you love and appreciate your family.”
–Josiah

Camila POV

After the appointment, Shawn and I picked up Riley from Addison's apartment and then walked home together. We were so happy and so excited to tell our family the news the next day.

Manny and Karen would visit us for the weekend and Mary and Aaliyah would come over tomorrow. Carlos, Nora, Caroline and Alex were in Philadelphia, so after we would tell Manny, Karen, Liyah and Mary the news, we would call Carlos and his family and tell them too.

We bought Riley a shirt that said big sister and we'll tell her to wear it for the day and then see how they all will react to that. I was so excited to see their reaction.

That morning, Shawn, Riley and I had a simple breakfast and I was a little curious to see if Riley would react in any way.

,,Princess, we bought you a new shirt. Do you wanna see it?" I asked Riley and Shawn smiled at me while he was washing the dishes.

,,Yes!" Riley said excited and I walked in Shawn's and my bedroom to bring the shirt.

,,Here you go." I said and gave her the shirt and waited for her reaction anxiously.

,,B-...big...s-..si-....sister." She said trying to read was on it. Riley was still learning to read and write so I was proud that she read it correctly. ,,Big sister?" She asked and looked up at me confused.

I smiled at her, stood up on my feet and put Shawn's shirt a little up to reveal my belly. Riley's eyes widen, but she still looked confused.

,,You are going to have a little brother." I said and she looked confused at me and then at Shawn.

,,A brother?" She asked and Shawn and I nodded with a smile. ,,He is in there?" She asked at pointed at my belly.

,,Yes, now he is there." I said.

,,You ate him!?" She asked confused and I couldn't help but laugh lightly.

,,No, sweetheart. I didn't eat him." I said and let the shirt fall over the belly again.

,,Then how did he get in there?" She asked.

Oh no... Not that talk.... How do you explain a kid that!?

I looked over at Shawn and he looked like he was also trying to figure out what to say.

,,Ahm.... That's a good question.... Well.... All the babies are in their mom's tummy at first. You were also in Nina's tummy when you were mini mini." Shawn explained and walked over to us.

,,I still don't understand how it gets in there." Riley said and Shawn and I sat in front of her trying to think of how and what to tell her.

,,When you love someone so much and you wish to get a baby, most of the times you get blessed with that baby." I tried to explain looking at Shawn.

,,Did Nina and Nick love each other to get me like you love each other?" Riley asked.

,,Probably." Shawn and I said at the same time.

,,And how does it come out of there?" Riley asked and pointed at my stomach.

,,Well, sometimes the doctor 'cuts' the belly or it comes out of there." I said and pointed between my legs.

,,Doesn't that hurt?" Riley asked and looked a little shocked.

,,It does, but afterwards it doesn't really matter because having the baby is so magical that the pain isn't as important anymore." I explained and she seemed satisfied with our answers.