Logan (chapter 48)

“I may not always be there with you, but I will always be there for you.”
– Unknown

Camila POV

The smell of the hospital made me feel sick. I felt like I was about to throw up.

I let my head fall in my hands trying to think about anything else than that smell that was bringing all the bad memories back.

,,Babe, are you okay?" I heard Shawn's soft voice ask and I felt him place his hand on my back.

,,I think I'll throw up." I said.

,,You wanna go outside? You need some fresh air." He said and made me look away from my hands. As I did so, I saw him kneeing in front of me with a worried facial expression.

,,Yes. I need air. All these smells make me sick." I said and he helped me stand up.

,,We'll be right back. Call me if there is any news." Sawn said to Lena and Daniel before we exited the waiting room and made our way outside the hospital.

,,There you are!" I heard Karen's voice from behind and as we turned around there were Karen, Manuel, Aaliyah, Addison, Ethan, Jamie and Riley.

,,Hey. Lena and Daniel are in the waiting room. We're going for a while outside. Mila feels sick from the smells." Shawn said and I felt my stomach doing backflips like I was really about to throw up.

,,I think I'll throw up." I said and I felt Shawn pick me up without saying anything else.

I hid my face in his neck while he walked with me outside and as I felt the fresh air, I immediately started to calm down. Shawn put me down at some point and then kneed in front of me.

,,Better?" He asked while he was stroking my cheeks lightly.

,,Yeah...it just...the smell is so gross and maybe....I don't know....it makes me think about every single time I was at a hospital and something bad happened." I said and he pulled me in for a hug.

I relaxed in his arms and tried to lose myself in his scent. His scent is the only thing I wanna smell in my life. Nothing else.

,,Just think about what kind of beautiful things will happen in the next months in a hospital. Zara is going to give birth to her baby and in two months Adi will. You'll have good memories connected to the hospital too and not only bad ones. I promise you that." Shawn said in my ear and stroke my back in a protective way.

,,I know that, but I still have the horrible feeling that something bad will happen."

,,Mila, what could possibly happen? Zara is giving birth! That is wonderful! There is nothing bad about it!" Shawn said and made me look at him.

,,You are right... I'm probably overthinking again..." I said and he kissed me softly making me forget all my bad thoughts.

Suddenly Shawn's phone started ringing and that made us broke apart.

,,It's Daniel." He said before he picked up. ,,Yes?....Really?...Oh shit! Okay!...Wait a second." Shawn said on the phone and then pulled his phone away from his ear to tell me: ,,Zara is giving birth. Like right now. Lena is going with her and Austin, cause their parents didn't arrive yet. You wanna go inside to the others or wait here?"

,,Let's go to the others. I think I can stand the smell now."

,,You tell me if not. Okay?"

,,Okay." I said with a smile.

,,We're coming in." Shawn said on the phone and then hung up.

He took my hand in his and we walked together back in the hospital. The smell was still horrible, but I just tried to think about something else.