The opposite of dead (chapter 113)

"Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime."
––Mineko Iwasaki

Riley POV

After I asked mom and dad where Nick was buried, I started to have a weird felling. I mean, I understand that they don't know where he is, but grandma Mary is his mom. She has to know something. But if she doesn’t....it may be possible for the man to.... No! Gosh! What the heck mom and dad would never lie to me like that!

I tried to push all those thoughts away when we got at Stacy's, but I somehow couldn't ignore them.

,,My favorites! Ami, how is school? Riley, how is high school? Tell me everything!" Stacy said excited as I entered her room with Ami and Nate.

,,It's cool. I like it." Ami said with a smile.

,,You are gonna change your mind at some point, sweetie, but until then good for you." Stacy said and laughed lightly.

,,Where is Chase?" Ami asked.

,,In his room." Stacy said to Ami.

,,Okay. Come on Nate." Ami said, took Nate's hand in hers and pulled him out of Stacy's room to go in Chase's.

,,Now tell me how your first day was." Stacy said excited.

,,It was fucked up." I simply said and jumped on her bed hiding my face in her pillow.

,,What!? Why?" She asked confused and pulled on my arm to turn me around.

,,Well, first of all Amber pissed me off together with her annoying 'friends' and then I got dress coded for wearing ripped jeans. Mom freaked out hearing that and yelled at the teacher who dress coded me. Great right?" I asked and Stacy started laughing.

,,Bro, why is all this bad. I bet you already have such a cool reputation." Stacy said and I looked with an 'are you kidding me!?' look at her.

,,Correction: Mom has a cool reputation."

,,Yeah.... Well, Mila is cool." Stacy said and pulled on my arm to make me sit up in the bed.

,,So is Adi."

,,Yeah true. I wanna be like our moms when we are going to be older." Stacy said and we both laughed lightly.

,,A little topic change 'cause I need your opinion on something." I said.

,,Okay..." Stacy said and focused her whole attention on me.

,,Today after school a man approached me right when I wanted to enter the house. He told me he was my father and some shit like that."

,,What the fuck....!?" Stacy said completely confused.

,,Yeah, I know. I don't know why 'cause it's not like I believe a stranger, but I asked mom and dad where Nick is buried and they said they don't know. They said grandma Mary doesn't know even if she is his mother! It's just a little weird. You know?" I said and I looked at Stacy who seemed a little overwhelmed.

,,You never went at your father's grave!? But you always go to Nina's " Stacy said confused.

,,I know. Well mom and dad said Nick wasn't the best person." I said and Stacy looked a little critical.

,,Whats your father’s full name?" Stacy asked me.

,,Nick Geller." I said and Stacy immediately reached for her phone.

,,What are you doing?" I asked her.

,,If your father is alive he probably has a Facebook account like every single men in his 40's." Stacy said.