Double super auntie (chapter 23)

"A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.”– Winnie the Pooh

Camila POV

The hug he pulled me in for took long, but not forever. I wanted it to take forever, so I don't need to face this horrible world anymore.

,,Mila... I love you and I know I said I won't push you to do anything, but I think you should really talk to a doctor. I think it might help. Without my psychologist, I wouldn't have goten over my drinking addiction. Maybe a psychologist would help you to understand what's wrong." He said after we broke the hug and looked me deep in the eyes.

,,I'll promise you to think about it, but I have no time to go to one...."

,,That's another thing I wanted to talk to you about. I was thinking about you getting a maternity leave...." He said and I didn't know what to think about his words.

,,What!? Riley isn't even officially mine. I can't do that. And who will help you at the praxis? There are too many people there only for you and Addison."

,,Okay, fine. Then you don't take a maternity leave, but you should at least work less. You should only work until the lunch break."

,,Shawn.... I.... I can't do that cause I kinda need the money from the other hours...."

,,Then I'll pay you the same-"

,,No! You can't do that. That wouldn't be fair." I interrupted him and placed my hands over his.

,,Mila, you need time with Riley and now you no longer have a babysitter. You'll drive crazy! The time you'll work until the lunch break is just perfect. Now and for the future too and if you'll ever need more money, don't be afraid to ask me. Please. I don't care what the others will say 'cause you two are my family." He said softly and I wrapped my arms around him to give him another hug.

,,I will work less. For you and for Riley, but also for me."

,,That's exactly what I wanted to hear." He said and kissed my cheek before we broke the hug.

,,Thank you." I said.

,,For what?"

,,For everything. I never told anyone about this....." I said and he seemed pretty surprised about my words.

,,Not even Addison? Or Nina?" He asked and I shook my head as a no. ,,And how did you get over it? I mean, no one knew.... You were alone in this..."

,,I got alone through it...." I said and he put his hand on my cheek stroking it lightly with his thumb.

,,I don't want you to go alone through this. I'm here no matter what. Okay?"

,,Okay." I said and hugged him one more time.

,,Should I make you some dinner?" He asked softly while he was holding me protectively.

,,I'm not hungry. I just wanna go to sleep." I said and he nodded as we sadly broke the hug.

,,I'll take care of Riley. Go to sleep." He said.

,,But you won't leave, right? I mean, can you stay here over the night?"

,,Of course. I'll join you later." He said and kissed my hand.

Why is he so perfect? I’m not complaining, but that makes me fall so hard for him.

I gave him a quick kiss and also kissed Riley before I entered the bedroom, got changed in my pajamas and got into bed. I fell asleep immediately. Today's day was extremely exhausting.