Jelly Riley (chapter 121)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart.”
— Helen Keller

Riley POV

,,So....are you still mad at us?" Mom asked immediately after Mason left.

To be honest, I didn't know. I was just confused.

,,A little, but I'm just confused about everything." I said and I saw a little sadness in mom's and dad's eyes, but they both nodded understanding.

,,What did Nick tell you?" Dad asked.

,,It doesn't matter. I don't believe him. I'm sorry it took me this long, but when he brought me at his apartment all the things you said started to make sense."

,,What happened there? Did he do something to you?" Dad asked concerned.

,,No, no! I'm fine. Mason was with me and Nick didn't do anything to either of us. But he left last night and let us with his girlfriend that invited a guy over and well..."

,,Did that 'girlfriend' cheat on Nick in front of you and Mason!?" Mom asked in shock.

,,No! She made us go in the guest room and close the door. We did that, but when Nick came back he was drunk and they got into a huge fight. That's when Mason and I got scared and left. You two said that he is an alcoholic and that was proof enough for me to know that Nick was lying about what he told me." I said leaving out some details, but mom and dad were still in shock about what I said.

,,Riley, we're sorry that we lied to you about Nick being dead... I just thought that the truth would hurt more, but I guess the truth is always better no matter how hard it is to take it." Mom said and dad nodded.

,,To be honest, it hurts more to know that he left me by choice..." I said and a tear escaped even though I tried to fight it.

I wiped the tear away quickly, but mom had already seen it. She took my hand in hers and pulled me in a tight hug. Dad joined us and hugged both mom and I.

Nick didn't want me. He apparently refused me before I was even born, but mom and dad loved me from the beginning. They are my real parents. They gave me the love I needed no matter what and I was a bitch not to believe them over Nick from the beginning.

,,I'm sorry for not believing you from the beginning...." I said into the hug.

,,There is no sorry needed, but...you should probably talk to Nate. You missed his first game." Mom said and broke the hug to look at me.

I'm sure Nate hates me for that. I know how important that is for him and I fucked it up. I'm literally the worst sister ever!

,,But not now. Nate feels sick and you need to go to school. You'll have time to talk to him after school. Okay?" Dad said and I nodded.

,,Now get ready for school so you aren't late. I'll go and call Nate's principal to tell him that Nate is feeling sick and I'll have to call your principal too to tell him that you were sick yesterday. I'll also try to find an excuse for Mason. God, having kids is hard." Mom said making me and dad chuckle.

,,Good thing that you found out early enough." Dad said sarcastically.

,,Come on, smart-ass. We are keeping Riley from getting ready." Mom said, took dad's hand in hers and pulled him out of my room.

I just got changed quickly in the outfit I picked out a few minutes ago and then quickly brushed my teeth, styled my hair a little and put on some lip gloss and mascara because I had no time for more.