She is MY (chapter 54)

“Family is not defined by our genes, it is built and maintained through love.”
–Unknown

Camila POV

The next morning, we woke up by the sound of the alarm. Shawn and I had to go to work, but Addison was now in maternity leave, so I hoped the alarm didn't wake her up too.

Shawn left a soft kiss on my lips before he stood up and started to get ready. While he walked in the kitchen to prepare something for breakfast, I walked in Riley's room and picked her up in my arms as I saw she was awake.

,,Morning, my princess! Did you sleep well?" I asked and kissed her forehead. ,,Come on let's go and eat something." I said and walked with her in the kitchen where Shawn was making some French toast for me, Addison and himself.

,,Morning, Riley!" Shawn said and leaned in to kiss Riley's forehead and I smiled at how natural he was around her. He was treating Riley like his own and that made me the happiest I could ever be.

I know he didn't want anyone to take Riley away from me because that would brake me, but I think losing Riley would brake him too...

,,I brought some cereals a few days ago that should be good for babies. Should we try to see if Riley likes them?" Shawn asked while I put Riley in the baby chair.

,,Sure. Where are they?" I asked.

,,In the upper cabinet." Shawn said and I looked up to where he pointed and I chuckled as I saw how high it was.

I climbed on the kitchen counter and as Shawn saw, his eyes widen.

,,What you doing?" He asked and placed his hands on my waist to support me.

,,I'm getting the cereals....?" I said and he chuckled again.

,,You could've asked me and not climb on the kitchen counter like it's Mount Everest." He said and I slapped his shoulder lightly.

,,I'm sorry... Not everyone is a giant like you." I said, he kissed my nose and then took the cereals.

,,You are the cutest." He said, put his hands on my waist to put me back on the floor from the kitchen counter.

,,Morning, lovebirds..." Addison said in a tired voice. She yawned and sat at the table resting her head on the table.

,,Did we wake you up?" I asked.

,,No. I have cramps....." She said and I felt so sorry for her.

,,My poor baby..." I said and gave her a short hug. ,,I'll tell Mrs Harrison to make you something tasty. Okay?"

,,She doesn't have to do anything. I should probably go home." Adi said and placed her hand on her belly.

,,Not before you eat breakfast and Mrs Harrison will be more than happy to help you. You know that." I said and she finally gave in and accepted.

Shawn and I had to go to work so we got ready and left as Mrs Harrison arrived. Now she had to babysit a baby and a pregnant woman, but I don't think she minds. Mrs Harrison is literally the best.

We got at the praxis before Liliana and we both walked in our offices to get ready for our patients. It was still early so I decided to go and talk to Shawn for a while.

,,Do we have a long day today?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his torso and he was surprised, but relaxed immediately.

,,Pretty long..." Shawn said and I kissed his back.

,,We need to move fast." I said and rested my head on his back.

,,Yep, but if everything goes well today then we have free on Friday."