Ignoring the anxieties (chapter 19)

"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn

Camila POV

After lunch break the time past by quickly. Before I could realize it, was 4pm and I needed to go home.

Before I left, I entered Addison's office to say goodbye, but I saw she was gone. That was weird because her program also ends at 4pm. So, why didn't she wait?

I entered Shawn's office and saw he had a patient. I didn't want to disturb, so I only asked:

,,Did you see when Addison left?"

,,She left around ten minutes ago. Why?" He asked working concentrated at the patient's caries.

,,I was just wondering. Anyways I've to go now. See you later, right?"

,,Yep. I love you." He said and just blew me a kiss and that made me blush so hard.

He said it in front of other people.... I think I'm starting to get used to it.

,,Love you too." I said blushing lightly. I took my stuff and left.

I said "Goodbye." to Liliana as I passed her, but she didn't say it back. Apparently manners do not exist for her.

I walked home in a more alert rhythm and as I got at my building, I quickly unlocked the door and then walked quickly upstairs. I also opened the apartment door quickly and as I entered the apartment I was met with Skylar who was holding Riley in her arms.

Riley immediately started giggling as he saw me. She started to pull away from Skylar and try to get to me.

,,Come to mama." I said and as I realized what I said, I wanted to take it back. It felt wrong to take that away from Nina just because she's dead.

Skylar handed me Riley and I was still feeling guilty for what I said. I gave Skylar the money for today and after she left, I started to pack as fast as I could the stuff for the appointment.

I took Riley's medical documents from where I put them last time and after I had everything, I walked with Riley outside the apartment and locked the door.

I walked downstairs with her and placed her in the baby stroller. I was in a rush to get at the appointment, but at the same time my head was playing with me.

I was judging myself for what I said and I felt how my body started reacting to the anxiety. I ignored it as much as I could and walked as fast as I could with Riley to the praxis.

I wasn't feeling good at all, but there was no time for me to sit down and relax. I shoke my head and as we got at the praxis, the secretary told me to go in the waiting room until she calls me.

I went with Riley who was in the baby stroller in the waiting room where another family was waiting. There was a mom and a dad with two kids. One of the kids was a boy who looked like he was in primary school and the other kid was a girl who was probably around the age of two.

The mom of the kids smiled at me as I sat on a chair. I smiled back and then tried to relax. I leaned against the chair and tried to get my head free.

I tried to tell myself I did nothing wrong by saying that, but it wasn't helping. I was hearing my own pulse and suddenly started thinking about Nina and what life she could've had.

I started to feel guilty about her death again like I did a few days ago. I tried to concentrate on what Shawn told me that day.

"It was no ones fault." I repeated in my head, but my mind was a complete chaos. I didn't know what was wrong with me and I was scared.