48.

Cellie Meadows

My heart was shattered in to pieces to see my mother gone. After they came to collect her body, shit was hard and horrible. I didn't even want to watch that shit but, to see my Mom in a better place...I guess I can't hurt so much.

"What you thinking about?" Jamir looked over at me as we sat in my room.

"I'm honestly lost for words. I knew this day was coming but I didn't expect it to be so soon, you know?"

"I definitely understand that." Jamir shook his head.

"I can't live here by myself, like I cant. Ima have to sell the house." I shrugged. "I personally don't even wanna be in here."

"Aye, you always got a place in my crib. Don't even think about being by yourself."

"I know but it's so much running through my head."

The last thing I wanted to do was invade Jamir. Yes I've slept over multiple times but that's different then moving in with him.

It was a knock on the door and I ran downstairs to open it to Nas and Kya. Kya attacked me with a bear hug.

"Best, I'm so sorry this had to happen to you. You know I love you and I'm by your side one thousand percent." She rubbed my back. "Is it anything you need? Food? Money? Whatever it is, I got you."

"Cellie, I'm sorry for your lost and that you had to experience shit like this." Nas shook his head as Kya parted away from the hug.

"I love you too, Kya." I sighed as they came in and I shut the door. "I'm feeling better than most. I knew this was going to happen at some point and I know she's in a way better place."

"I'm glad you thinking about it like that. That's the best way to think, for real." Nas said.

I definitely appreciated Kya and Nas for coming over to see how I'm doing. It meant a lot. I directed them upstairs to my room. Nas dapped up Jamir.

"Wassup, I appreciate y'all coming for Cellie."

"No problem, bro. That's definitely what family do." Nas shrugged.

"Best, I think the best thing for you to do is get out this house." Kya shook her head.

"I was just saying that to Jamir. This house will probably break me knowing she passed in here." I looked around my room and sighed.

"Have you gotten in contact with your Dad?" Kya asked.

"I haven't. I've called and he's not answering the phone. I texted and he hasn't answered so I decided to send a letter. I sent it yesterday." I shook my head.

"I know he'll get back to you soon." Kya comforted me. "Is it anything you wanna do to get your mind off things or is it anything we can do?"

"I wanna go out." I shrugged. Going out would make me feel so better and could possibly get my mind off things.

"Really?" Jamir raised a brow.

"You heard her. Therefore we going out! Don't question my best friend." Kya rolled her eyes and Nas shook his head at her. "It's hella clubs and shit around here."

"If that's what you wanna do, you know we down." Jamir shrugged.

"Yes I wanna go out! I wanna drink." I whined.

Not the best thing to do because I get too sloppy but, it'd definitely make me feel better.

"Ard, well, yall gon head and get dressed. Ima dip up outta here and come back." Nas said.

"Shit, I'm coming too." Jamir jumped up as they left out.

"Bitch, Ima find you the perfect thing to wear!" Kya squealed. "But I'm worried, are you really okay?"

"I'm at peace, Kya. I promise. Plus, I got you, Jamir, and Nas here supporting me. Of course I'm good." I smiled at her.

Jamir Reign

"How you think Cellie really doing?" Nas looked over at me as he drove down the road.

"Shit, honestly, it seem like she really taking this shit better than anybody could."

"I know it's bringing up memories, bro. Don't let that shit get to you."

"I'm trying not to because everything is coming back but I'm focusing on Cellie, not my shit."

The shit Cellie was going through definitely reminded me of my Mom overdosing when I was thirteen. I was just a fucking youngin and to see my mom go like that was shocking.

"Jamir, you been my man for some bricks now. You know I got you, you know Tee got you, you know Boop got you, you know Juna got you, and now Cellie got you. Cellie been had you even when she was acting wild. You got endless people that got your back, period. You don't gotta just put your pain to the side. Y'all can both heal together." Nas pulled up to my crib and parked.

"That's why I fuck with you." I dapped him up. "You really my man for real. I got hella respect for you. Me and Cellie gon be aight."

"Exactly. Just like how she thinkin positive, think positive too."

"Ima do that." I nodded. I hopped out the car and went into the crib.

I really hope Cellie make it through this shit. That's all I can think about.