31.

[FLASHBACK]
Jamir Reign

"Renee Reign was a beautiful woman. Wanted the best for her two kids, Jamir and Juna Reign. Always tried to stay positive." My grandmother spoke. "But, she had a problem. Drugs."

I rolled my eyes. This funeral was some bullshit and everyone knew it. How my grandma gonna out my mother like that? While she laying in a damn casket.

I turned over to see Juna crying hard while holding her teddy bear. Even the bear looked sad.

"Renee was my only daughter. I'm sure she didn't want to leave us, I'm almost certain she didn't. I wasn't present at the event but I want everyone here today to keep Jamir and Juna in good spirits."

I turned to see people nodding their heads but I knew no one would check-up on us. I knew at this very moment it was time for me to step in and build my little sister up to be the strong girl she is.

"Jamir, please come up and say something. Everyone give some support to Jamir." My grandmother left the podium and I walked up to it. Everyone clapped their hands as "support."

I stared at everyone as they stared at me and I thought to myself that I don't have to say anything to nobody.

"I didn't plan on speaking today." I started. "But I know my grandmother wants me to say something and I can't. I'm hurt and this will forever be apart of me. But what I will say is fuck all of you."

Everyone gasped in shock.

"Fuck all of y'all motherfuckers who couldn't help my mom but considered yourself family and friends. I will never talk to any of y'all again. With that being said, me and Juna is leaving." I got down, grabbed my sisters hand, and left without saying a word to anyone.