6.

Cellie Meadows

"So you're telling me, you've never listened to this song before?" I asked Jamir as Wait for It by HER played throughout the speakers of the car.

"Ion listen to R&B." He glanced at me and then focused back on the rode. "But, it's a nice lil piece."

"It's a great piece...I love HER." I smiled and looked at him as he drove. He looked so attractive. And to think I met this man last night and I'm hanging with him again.

"What?" He glanced over at me. Oop. I guess he felt me staring at him...

"So what's your story..." I asked. The car ride felt smooth and I was glad I could get a ride, I definitely didn't want to get into an uber this late.

"What you mean my story?" He turned the music down a little so he could listen to me.

"Why are you, you?" I was very curious about Jamir. He seemed like he had so much built up hurt. Plus, I wanna get to know my friend better.

"My mama overdosed when I was thirteen. I've been taking care of Juna ever since. Ion know where my pops is and I frankly don't give a fuck about em. I drink wock to numb the pain and I don't say much because majority of the time, my trauma on my mind. I just want a life for Juna. After that, my job here is done."

I was taken back because I wasn't expecting all of that from him but I am definitely accepting to all that he's told me. I can in no way relate, my life has been full of blessings and opportunities but I will never be quick to judge his...

"So you just got a lot of build up hurt?" I looked at him as he stopped at a red light. He looked at me in my eyes and nodded.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, alone." We stared at each other for thirty seconds before the light turned green and he broke the contact by focusing back on the road. He turned the music back up and Rather Be by HER was now blasting from the speakers. I sat back in the seat and enjoyed the ride.

Jamir Reign

Ion think I should've dropped allat on her like that but I definitely felt comfortable sharing everything with her. Shit, I must be comfortable cause I let her ass connect to my bluetooth. This my shit and I'm listening to SHE and shit or whatever the fuck.

"Who you say this was again?" I asked her.

"HER." She responded as I pulled up to her house. I put the car in park and looked at her.

"I actually like these songs." I turned the music back down a little. "I appreciate you pullin up on me and Juna."

"Oh no problem. Thank you for inviting me."

"You always welcomed, girl." I chuckled. Nah but for real. Shordy got my sister smiling big, hell yeah you welcomed around me and my family.

"Well, let me go inside before my mother start acting crazy..." She blushed.

"Ard, I hope I can see you again..?" Hell nah that was cliche as hell. Cmon Jamir, you can do better then that shit.

"Of course, I'll text you." She giggled as she got out the car. She closed the door and I stayed parked until she got in the house safely. I then pulled off back towards home, replaying the two HER songs she played in the car with me.