We Trust

"Zai zhe yiqi" (In This Together)

...

"Zai zHE yiqi"

...

"Zai zhe yiQi" I keep repeating to myself.

"Can you stop?" Rose asks while she looks at me annoyed.

"Excuse me for trying to learn!" I shout but smile at her

"I'm hungry" She states while she falls back on her bed.

"You're not hungry, you're just bored," I tell her while I begin learning a new phrase.

"I'm both" She mumbles.

I don't answer her but continue on, "Gai zenme ban" (what to do)

"Gai Zenme ban?" Am I saying that right?

...

"GAi ZenME ban"

or

"Gai Zenme bAN?" I start to pronounce it differently

"Shussshhhh" Rose shouts while she covers her eyes

"I don't even understand what you're saying!" She tells me while she angrily gets off the bed to look for her phone.

When she finds it by the T.V. she looks at me in anger before she dials Lisa.

I shrug and return back to studying.

...

...

"Lisa! I think Aria is broken" Rose starts the phone call and turns to look at me while I roll my eyes and sit back in bed with my books.

"She's...She's actually studying!" Rose tells Lisa with a look of confusion mixed with annoyance

Rose and Lisa continue on talking while I try to tune them out and focus on learning.

I was never one that paid much attention in school. People don't know this about YG but the company actually has their trainees go to some pretty hard high schools.

The company always put us in some of the top schools, in case the trainees never made it to debut, They at least would have the right education to fall back on.

Another reason why trainee life was hell back then. Having a lot of homework on top of training... was intense

I barely made it those years of school so now actually studying in my free time... well none of my teachers would have believed it.

When I hear a knock on the door, I don't bother looking up and wait for Rose to answer it.

...

"Whatzzz Up!" Lisa enters with a smile.

I give her a smile while I return to practicing my speech.

"Rose wasn't kidding huh" Lisa mumbles while she takes a seat at the end of my bed.

"I told you" Rose joins in.

"Enough!" Lisa shouts while she grabs my book.

"Unnie!" I shout a bit annoyed.

I hadn't told the girls I had a deadline to learn Chinese but even if they knew about it they would never give me the peace I needed.

Lisa holds the book above my head and I don't bother trying to reach for it back...2 against 1 is not a fair fight.

Also... I should have roomed with my other Unnies that aren't a part of the Maknae line.

"What should we do?" I ask while I throw my head back.