Explain...

Jaehyun was quick to turn his head and look at me. He stared for a few seconds before he turned his attention back to the road and pulled us into a dark alleyway.

Jaehyun turned off the car and turned his whole body facing me. I choose to look ahead and not make eye contact.

"How do you know about Yeri and me?" Jaehyun asks lowering his voice.

"Jennie told me" I answer straight forward. Not enjoying the silence, I start to play with my fingers. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Jaehyun thinks about his response for a few minutes before answering, "I thought you would look at me differently." Jaehyun answers honestly in a whisper while looking at my fingers.

Hitting my head on the headrest, "I feel like I don't know enough to even form a judgment"

This time I turn to look at Jaehyun while he sits there contemplating his words.

"What do you want to know?" He asks after scratching the back of his neck.

"How long were you guys together?" Was my first question.

"4 years," Jaehyun says with a straight face.

I close my mouth and turn my attention to the window.

4 years is a long time to be with someone.

I mean I don't even have friendships that last that long.

I wanted to know why they broke up, like what was the fight about? and why end a 4-year relationship over just a fight.

But I also wasn't sure if I had the right to ask.

I didn't want to pry into his failed relationship.

"Just ask," Jaehyun says while resting his head on the headrest and closing his eyes.

I bite my lip before asking in a whisper, "Why did you break up?"

Jaehyun still had his eyes close for a minute before he opens them and turns to look at me.

"We officially broke up 6 months ago" he starts while not breaking eye contact, "But really, the relationship was over months before that".

Jaehyun starts to play with his fingers, "We had this really big fight about our future together and it just changed everything"

Jaehyun goes silent for a few minutes before he rubs his hands around his neck.

"I'm sorry I can't tell you what the fight was about right now" He turns his attention back to his fingers. "But it was a confusing and... hard time"

Even though he wasn't looking at me, I nod my head.

"I know when I met you, it was just after my breakup" He makes eye contact with me again but his expression was sad. "I wasn't looking for anyone back then"... "But I met you and..." he shrugs his shoulder, "I just wanted to get to know you".

Jaehyun seemed unsure of himself and hesitantly placed his hand on top of mine.

"You were friends with everyone, and the Dreamies always talked about you" He starts to play with my fingers. "I went into this wanting to be friends" He starts to shake our hands, "but after a while, I realized I liked what we had going on and wanted more".

Jaehyun looks at me to see my reaction and I offer him a small smile. But he knew he still needed to explain one more thing.

"I should have told you about my recent breakup when we first started talking." He holds my hand a little tighter, "the breakup was so fresh, I didn't want to talk about her, or have you think it was too soon to be talking to you"