Fifty-Three: The Truth †

Start from the beginning

"It was a good contest," piped up Ruby, acknowledging the fact that she was loud enough so I could hear her. "The best singer won. Great music video, too – don't you agree, Tiegan?"

"Yeah, I do," I replied, shoving my clothes down onto the bench out of frustration. My anger had reached the perimeter now and I was ready to detonate. I marched forwards until I was only about two metres from Ruby. "I'm surprised, though. I'm surprised he didn't pick your bitch of a best friend of yours to take my place."

The girls gasped. Ruby's jaw fell ajar.

"Lea isn't a bitch!" Ruby hollered. "You're just jealous because you barely spent two months with Jason and she got nearly four years."

I laughed loudly. "Jealous? Jealous of someone who had to put up with Jason for four years? God, I'm surprised she didn't lose him ages ago. I thought she was a smart girl. Then again, she is still with you so that's arguable," I retorted. "Just leave, Ruby."

In silence, Ruby assembled her stuff and scurried out of the changing rooms. Many of the girls were gawping at me, immobile until I ushered them off. I turned around, shaking my head. My cheeks were probably scarlet right now, I pondered as I hauled the clothes into my bag. I would go back to my room first before grabbing lunch since it had only just gone eleven.

On the way walking up the stairs, I inadvertently bumped into someone. I was about to side-step them, not bothering to apologise when they grasped my arm. I lifted my head quickly, about to object and snap at them until I apprehended that it was Jason.

"We need to talk," he said.

With my silence as my only reply, I followed him until we got to his room. He made sure there was no one watching when we submerged into his room. Mercifully, Mark wasn't inside. Jason closed the door behind us and leaned against it. I was stood in the middle of the room.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I whispered, dropping my bag on the floor. "You humiliated me in front of the whole college," I continued, sagging my shoulders. "You made it seem like you were just with me for the stupid music video."

"I wasn't," he said. "I did love you. But the opportunity came up and I was going to tell you about it, but the right moment never cropped up. I let it go because I thought you'd understand. Then I saw you rush out yesterday."

"It was mortifying," I responded, "I think anyone would run out." I paused. "You don't love me anymore?"

"It's hard to tell," he protested, shaking his head and running a hand through his disbelieved hair. "No, I do love you."

"Then why did you break up with me? As far as I can tell, you only wanted me for the music video to win the stupid contest. Was your prize satisfying enough then? Was I worth it?"

"Tiegan..." he murmured. "Don't do this."

Jason stepped away from the door and stood in front of me. He kept moving closer until our chests were brushing against one another. I couldn't muster the strength inside of me to move away because candidly, I craved this. I had desired this since he had ended it. Maybe he wanted it as much as I do... or maybe I was delirious.

Jason brought his hand up and held it against my cheek. I leaned into it, closing my eyes and willing not to let the tears cascade down my cheeks. At the moment, I was good, but I couldn't validate that for in a few minutes time. Instead of saying anything, Jason leaned down hesitantly.

"I love you," he murmured.

His lips brushed against mine so quickly it felt like a blur. "Is that the truth?" I asked when he had pulled back.

"Nothing but the truth," he replied in the same hushed tone.

He leaned down again and this time, his lips were firmly placed on mine. The proverbial fiery feeling resurfaced, even more powerful than the last time we kissed and I felt like I had been struck by lightning. His kisses made me dazed as if I was high on something. Maybe I was high on him or his love, but either way, I knew I still loved him. The kiss just brought everything back.

As the kiss became more heated, he sucked on my bottom lip before letting his tongue glide against my own. My hands were on his cheeks, my bag on the floor forgotten as his hands moved down my body to my waist. The kiss continued for a few minutes until I pulled back, and Jason rested his forehead against mine.

"Congratulations on winning," I said.

"Forget about the contest. Damn it, I need you," he protested. His hands were still firmly on my waist.

"Then have me," I prompted. "Let me be your girlfriend again, Jason."

"On one condition," replied Jason, stepping away slightly so our hands dropped to our sides. I wore a quizzical expression whilst Jason's lips tugged into a smirk so the right side was higher than the left. "I get Bubbles back in my room for a little bit. I kind of missed him."

"Deal," I replied, finding myself chuckling for the first time in awhile.

------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:

So much crazy has happened - they are back together like damn. Would you guys make the same decision as Tiegan here? I think I would need more time lol.

Thank you :) x