Chapter Twenty-One

I thought maybe he just needed a minute. But an hour has passed and I haven't seen him.

The pain no longer was all over my body, my chest felt like it had been ripped in two, my heart continuously stomped on.

I felt utterly humiliated, sad, angry and lost. But mostly I felt lonely.

After days of fighting for survival, wishing I could come home to Harry and Georgie, I once again feel like I don't belong.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and text Georgie asking her to come back. She was the best distraction I could ask for and not even a minute later she was pushing open my bedroom door and laying beside me.

"Where's Harry?" I winced at the mention of his name.

"Handling business I think." I kept it short, feeling my cheeks heat up at the humiliation that ran through my veins.

Im such an idiot.

"Can I get you anything?"

"Can you help me shower? I still feel horrible" I don't remember much but I know Georgie had cleaned me up, doing her best to cover the horror between my legs from my monthly friend and of course wipe the days of sitting in your own shit, literally - off me.

"No can do, your having bed baths for a few days hun, I gave you a clean earlier but you were pretty out of it. You want me to do the pits and ass?" Georgie joked and I cracked a smile, not feeling the joy throughout my body like I usually do when I spend time with my best friend.

"Please, I cant believe everyone seen me like that, I don't think I can look them in the eye again" I was glad I was locked away in my bedroom, I honestly don't think I could face them.

"Don't be silly, everyone is relieved you're alive Pippa, they have Jinx and Pee tied up ready for revenge and the anger is brewing with every second that passes. They won't get away with this lightly" Georgie held my hand giving it a squeeze and I gave her a weak smile.

Of course I wanted Jinx and Pee to pay, but right now my ego felt more bruised than my mind or body.

Georgie gave me the bed bath as promised and after we lay in bed and watched a full season of parks and recreation until I passed out.

***

When I woke up, I was in complete agony that tears were rolling down my cheeks.

I cried out and I felt someone in the bed stir only to be greeted with Georgie's mad bed head before she jumped up and grabbed for my pain meds.

"You shouldn't have these without food" she shook them and ran for the door.

"Just give me them, please" I winced in pain, not able to move and hardly able to breathe with the pain.

"Harry!! Bring Pippa some toast" she roared out of the bedroom door and I felt like screaming.

"No, you get it. Georgie, please go get it. I don't want Harry up here" I heard the loud thud of boots coming up the stairs and I tried to pull the covers over me.

I didn't want to see him, not yet.

"Here..." Harry spoke breathlessly as he handed Georgie a plate, his eyes never leaving mine.

"This is a half eaten bacon sandwich Harry" Georgie shouted at her brother as she looked down at the plate.

"I heard her in pain and I was eating it so she can have it, she needs her pain meds." He snatched the pain killers from Georgie and urged her into the bedroom in front of him.