Chapter Twelve

* Pippa's POV *

What a night.

I wasn't prepared for all of this. I know we had been warned by Harry and the boys but I didnt expect something to happen under this roof.

That man's hands on me brought me back to a dark place I swore id never live in again. A place that I struggled to get out of for years. A place that still haunts me.

I needed a breather, being so close to Harry and knowing this was the end of the road was making me emotional. Ive never felt this connection with anyone. This might sound crazy considering the events that happened tonight but Harry made me feel safe.

He made me smile like an idiot and laugh at his cockiness, he made me feel wanted and desired, I could be myself around him. He accepted my stubborness and sassy mouth. I felt comfortable around a man for the first time and that was huge for me. Ive never had a boyfriend, it was always one night stands or fuck buddies. I never let anyone get too close, if they get close you can get burnt. I knew that feeling all too well.

Even though I had only been here three months, my feelings for Harry were getting stronger, our connection was built off attraction but I know he has so much more to offer, he just doesnt want to try. Or maybe he doesnt want to try with me.

Ive felt out of place for weeks now, mostly because Harry and I have barely spoke and Pop seems to hate me. I get the mans protective but he is rude and it makes me feel unsettled.

Saying I was leaving to Harry was a way to make my decision final, I think it has to happen for my sanity. I can't carry on pretending I fit in here and I can't wait until Harry decides if I am enough, to just want to be with me. I'll probably be a pensioner by that time. That's if he actually even feels anything, he is impossible to read.

I should have never slept with him, it opened up a world of what ifs. At least when I had him at arms length I felt in control. Now Im just a jealous, scared little girl, hoping he will let me in. I hate that its done this to me. Its pathetic.

I sit on the cold tiled floor. I refuse to cry because Im better than that. This is just another bump in the road, I can take it. My eyes burn from the inside out but I dont let a single tear fall.

I need to get my shit together and tomorrow i'll announce I am leaving to Georgie and the rest of the boys. Pop will be more than happy.

That's the plan.

But Georgie Riches is my telepathic twin and she knows I need her so that's how I find her storming her way into the bathroom and pulling me against her.

"I swore to protect you and I failed, I'm so sorry Pip" she burst into tears and I pull her tighter giving her a squeeze.

"Don't be silly. I probably should have stayed downstairs I just wasn't feeling it"

"You're so full of shit, I seen your face when the whore sat on Harry. And now you're leaving me because hes a dick that won't fucking own up to his feelings, its like Hunter all over again"

"He told you?" I sigh, annoyed at Harry for telling her something I wanted to share myself.

"I kinda knew, I could feel it over the past few weeks, I guessed you were feeling out of place. I also know that Harry has a lot to do with it too" she eyes me giving me a knowing look.

"I shouldn't have slept with him, it was a mistake. I feel so stupid Georgie. Like a stupid kid again, I just couldnt help myself could I."

"No you're not. You had been beating around the bush for weeks Pip. Its not the same, you made a decision based on your attraction. Its notmal, why you do you think Im with Hunter. It wasnt his stellar personality that got me into bed with him". I chuckle at her and she pulls my head against her shoulder. "Was it a mistake or are you just sad because its been rocky since?" She challenges me and sit in silence thinking about it.