Chapter Nine

* Harry's POV *

I stood at our warehouse staring down at the blood surrounding my feet.

Three men we lost today.

Three good men, men I grew up with. Men I call family. One if the boys has a baby on the way. Club whore as the mother, but still. He had a family to take care of and now I gotta tell her shes on her own.

Worst part is, anyone could be responsible for this.

When your in this game you make enemies and unfortunately for us, we had a lot. Being in an MC is like open season, you cant trust anyone even you're so called allies. Everyone can be bought for the right price. We might be feared in this town by many but we had rivals and it was a constant pissing test.

You slept with one eye open and that's no exaggeration.

"Boss, what's the plan?" Big K stands beside me. He has just called our sister charters to tell them what has happened. They need to be on high alert, this could be a knock on effect. Strong chance they will strike again soon. Its never a once off.

"The boys find anything to say who done this? They leave any messages, bodies clear of branding?" Moose and Hunter go to check each body.

I cant believe this has happened. I was feeling all kinds of anger.

Im supposed to prevent this and I was too busy with chasing Pippa that I never seen it coming. I should feel terrible about that fact but instead im playing over every curve of that perfect woman's body since I left the warm damp bed, her body wrapped in my sheets.

I shake my head rid of them thoughts, it not the time or place. I need to focus and Pippa seems to be taking my head out of the game.

"Not a thing to signal who might be behind this, bodies are clear, nothing left on the men, no signs or messages. I guess we gotta scope out the rivals, maybe leave a message for them all" Hunter says as he finishes covering our boys dead bodies.

"No, we cant rattle all the cages, it will just steer up more trouble. We find out who done this and decide on our plan of attack. Lets take care of our men and meet back at chapel. We gotta let Pop know".

Pop and Mom decided to stay longer in Columbia, they travelled a bit and then flew to Mexico to meet with some old connects, all part of handing the reigns to me when he returns.

When we returned to the clubhouse, the rest of the day and evening, up until the early hours the following morning were spent taking care of the bodies, contacting all our sister charters to warn them and trying to find information on who might be out to get us.

I was exhausted when I fell into bed. Of course I checked Pippa's room first, but it was locked. I strip down and throw myself in bed, my sheets smell like her, giving me more comfort than I care to admit.

When Pop heard about our men he informed me that he was coming home and the place was on lockdown until his arrival. We buried our boys on a section of land we bought years ago. Its morbid to say it was bought for that exact reason.

Burying bodies on our own land where the cops tend to watch isn't an option and in this game you lose men. They deserve a final place of rest and somewhere we can remember them.