t w e n t y - e i g h t

Start from the beginning

Ron ordered butterbeer for both of them before taking a seat in front of her. Though Hailey wanted to pay, he insisted on paying. Let the man treat his girlfriend on Valentine's day. He had said making her roll her eyes.

"Such a gentleman." She said.

"Yup. I know." He said with a goofy grin extending one hand to hold hers. "Do you want to anywhere else after we go to Honeydukes?"

"I guess no. We can go back quickly and have hot chocolate in the common room." She suggested as Ron nodded. His eyes travelled behind Hailey where he saw his... Younger sister? With some Ravenclaw?

"What's Ginny doing here? With Michael?" He asked as Hailey's eyes widened. Her head whipped back. Shit! He didn't know about them dating.

"Uh... I think they came as friends." She said sipping her butterbeer trying to keep her cool.

"It doesn't look like that. They're alone. And holdings hands." He said angrily.

"So are we." Hailey reasoned.

"It's different. We're older than her."

"By a year only. Besides, Michael isn't a bad guy."

"You knew they were together, didn't you? And didn't even bother telling me about it?"

"Ron." She said in disbelief. "It's not my place to tell you. And we all knew you'd overreact."

"She's my younger sister. I have the right to tell her who she can date or not. You know what? I'm going to talk to them." He was about to get up when Hailey grabbed his hand.

"Ronald please calm down." But he ignored her. She watched as Ron said something to Ginny making her frown. They exchanged a few words aggressively. Ginny's eyes locked with Hailey as she sighed. "Sorry." She mouthed.

"It's okay." She mouthed back before she and Michael got up leaving.

"That was so unnecessary," Hailey said Ron sat down again.

"It wasn't." He said. She didn't reply, but continued to glare at him. She shook her head before bringing her butterbeer up to her lips to take a sip. He had just ruined Ginny's date. She liked Michael, all the time she told Hermione and Hailey about him. And by the look on Ron's face, he was still kinda mad. There was a thick silence between them before the boy finally spoke up. "I'm sorry."

Hailey didn't say anything as she leaned back on the chair, still murdering him with her eyes.

"Look, she's my younger sister... And I get a little overprotective okay? It's an older brother thing."

"I'm Harry's younger sister too. He let us date. I'm not saying you can't say anything about her relationship or that Michael is the perfect guy for her, but you have to know where the line is." She said running her finger through her hair before throwing her head back and sighing.

"I'm sorry Hailey," Ron said reaching over to hold her hand. She knew his apology was sincere as he used her actual first name, not a nickname. But still it was rude.

"You should say that to Ginny." She said squeezing his hand. "If she forgives you, then so do."

"And if she doesn't?"

"I'll probably throw you off the astronomy tower." She said with a small chuckle, remembering the time she had used this same reference to Hermione. She had a thing for throwing Weasleys off the astronomy tower.

"Do you still want to go to Honeydukes?"

"Sure."

Though they went to Hailey's favourite shop, she was still kinda mad at Ron. But she couldn't help but smile when she saw him buy all of Ginny's favourite chocolates. He again wanted to pay for Hailey's sweets, but she had paid for them before he could reach out in his pocket.

You gotta be fast.

__________________

Ron took a deep breath as he sat down beside his younger sister who was sitting on the common room sofa. She had a blanket over her legs as she stared at the fire aimlessly.

"Hey."

"Leave me alone Ron." She said not bothering to look at him.

"I uh... Bought something for you." He said taking out the sweets from his pocket. He watched as she looked at him from the corner of her eyes.

"Those are for me?"

"As a gift for being too rude. You know I was just looking out for you." He said honestly as she finally turned to face him. "I'm sorry for being an asshole."

"It's okay." She said with a smile. "Thanks for the chocolates though." With that, she grabbed all the packets out of Ron's hand and left with a grin.

"And there she is. Ginny being the typical Ginny." Hailey said as Harry and Hermione (who were watching from afar) laughed.

"She sure is one of a kind."

A/N: That was kinda a long chapter. But there's some Riley contents for you all. Don't forget to vote and comment everyone.