Moral Of The Story: Ray Is A Drama Queen

Start from the beginning

Kidding! If only.

It was actually Dean, Claudia (his girlfriend), and Ray.

When I saw the three of them walk in, a wide smile split onto my face so broad that I thought my face would fall off.

"You look like hell, G." Ray bluntly noted in his usual unfiltered way. I watched as Dean subtlety hit his arm, causing Ray to let out a yelp of surprise. "Hey! I was just telling the truth!" He protested childishly.

It didn't work on Dean, however.

"Next time, just don't say anything at all." Dean retorted while giving Ray a decently scary glare.

Claudia laughed at her boyfriend's actions as she put her arm around his waist, making Dean relax slightly. "Honey, play nice, would you?" She inquired sweetly, her Georgian accent flowing smoothly. "We don't need a brawl breaking out in a hospital again." She pointed out and I perked up in response.

'Again?' I wondered silently, though it didn't really surprise me all too much.

Dean...

...well...

Dean is like a puppy; he can be so sweet and loyal and gentle and kind.

BUT, fighting in The Ring can take a toll on not only your humanity, but also your patience.

Yeah...so he loses his temper on occasion which is why we rarely take him to fights.

And not only is he working a lot, but he also just loses it sometimes and gets asked to leave.

"Grace?" I vaguely heard Claudia speak up, making me break from my train of thoughts. I looked away from my lap to look at her and she wore a concerned expression, like a mum of sorts. "Are you sure you're okay, sugar? We heard you took quite a hit." She continued slowly, almost hesitantly.

Her amber-brown eyes held unshed tears and it only just hit me how bad everyone thought my condition was.

'I-I only got shot. And in the shoulder, at that. It wasn't like it hit anything vital.'

I didn't want them to get the wrong idea, so I tried to correct the situation as best as I could.

"Oh, don't worry, Claude. It was only a flesh wound." I told her softly, trying not to like I was downplaying it.

Though I kind of was.

"It barely grazed me, if I'm being honest." I continued rushedly, not wanting her to worry even more.

Claude gave me an unconvinced look. "Are you sure? Because the way Ray described it-" She began, but was cut off by Ray.

"Hey! I was only reporting what lover boy over here was freaking out about." Ray protested in his defense as he pointed his thumb at John who sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Ray, all I told you was that Grace had been shot." John declared simply. "You're the one who started freaking out, thinking that she was in critical condition." He continued while giving Ray a pointed look.

Ray opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out. So, he let out a huff and threw his hands up in the air.

"Well, it's not my fault that I was worried! It was the adrenaline." He attempted to say in defense, but it's safe to say that no one bought it.

"Sure, Ray." I told him sarcastically. "Sure."

Ray simply turned on me and glared into my soul.

"None of this ever would have happened if you hadn't let yourself get shot so..." He trailed off as if to prove his point.

I rolled my eyes.

'My mentor is an idiot.'

"ANYWAY," I started, wanting to change the subject, "where are Bertinelli and Theo?" I questioned, turning to look at John.

He gave me a tiny smile as he said, "They're both locked up with life sentences."

"And since this is Berti's second time in the clink after escaping the first time," Scar piped up, "he's been ordered to solitary confinement."

I slowly grinned, quite content with how the whole thing played out.

"I just..." I exhaled deeply and let out a breathless chuckle, "I can't believe that...it's all over." I finished with a huge smile on my face as I looked at my friends and family in front of me. "My mum's murder is in prison for good, you guys are all safe, I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder."

I froze.

"I-I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder."

The realization hit me like a fucking freight train.

'My family is safe, we are all safe.'

I had to remind myself to breathe so I wouldn't, you know, die.

"We...we're all safe." I whispered as I fell back against the hospital pillows. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw John step towards me and grab my hand.

"Yes, Grace. We are." He told me, reaffirming me as if he knew how impossible that sounded. Tears prickled in my eyes when I looked up at him to see him already smiling down at me with warmth and love in his eyes.

Love.

Huh. That's something I never thought I would find again after my mum and dad died.

'And yet, here it is, right in front of me.'

At that moment, I had no clue as to what would happen next. My celebrations might have seemed premature considering Bertinelli broke out once and could quite possibly do it again.

But I knew that even if he did, I would take him down again. And again. And again. No matter how many times he tries, I will always be there to stop him.

Why, you ask?

Because.

I'm the Argentum Pugnator.

Or Silver Fighter for all you non-classical Latin speakers.

Shit. That would have been such a badass moment and I just went and fucked it up. Fucking hell.

You know what? I'm going to try this again. Bear with me here.

And at that moment, I had no clue as to what would happen next. My celebrations might have seemed premature considering Bertinelli broke out once and could quite possibly do it again, blah blah blah.

But I knew that even if he did, I would take him down again. And again. And again. Yada yada yada. No matter how many times he tries, I will always be there to stop him.

Why, you ask?

Because.

I'm the Argentum Pugnator...bitch.

God in Heaven, that was cringy as hell.

Okay, fuck this. Cheerio!

THE END