"This is the perfect place! Let me show all of your neighbors that you're not on the market anymore."

"I'm not? Since when are we exclusive that I didn't know?" I asked him.

"Since the first time I spent the night, you're everything that I want and then some. Ava is just the topping on the cake."

I know that he means every single word and that overwhelms me in a good way if that's possible. He wants and accepts me with my child, that's a blessing.

"One day I'll get old and you won't want me." I argued, just for the sake of arguing.

"Not if you decide to be like me." he said, nuzzling my nose.

"Emmett . . ."

"Too soon, I know, Ava's too young." he smiled and that understanding is another blessing.

Yes, I brought up the topic a couple of days ago and he was ecstatic but that's not something I can even think about right now. My daughter needs me and I will not do anything that would endanger her.

"Can I get that kiss, though?"

"You can get the kiss." I smiled, getting on my toes for a quick kiss.

"Hey! That's not enough." he complained.

"Grow up."

"I can't."

"Smartass."

"You like me like that." he said, opening the passenger door for me.

"I absolutely do." I smiled.

Ava was super quiet during the ride because Emmett put a toy on the arm of her car seat, like the sneaky man that he is. She baby babbled at it but no crying at all.

"Quick question." I said.

"Shoot."

"Are we going to your house or your family's house?"

"The family house if you're okay with that." he replied, taking my hand in his and kissing my knuckles.

"Of course, let's go meet your family." I sighed.

"Valentina, calm down." he chuckled.

"I'm trying." I said, smiling when he flashed his dimples.

"You're safe with my family, so is Ava. If there were any sort of threat or risk, I wouldn't have asked you to come." he softly said.

"I know, that's why we're here." I told him.

The house is absolutely stunning from the outside. Painted a soft white and standing at three stories tall, it's hard to tell if the house is a new build or it's been here for a hundred years which I'm sure is the point. The windows and doors look to be wonderfully restored or part of the original structure. This area, full of trees and so private is absolutely enviable in its beauty, simplicity, and privacy. This isn't a house that you accidentally stumble upon and I love that.

The inside was even more appealing than the outside if possible. Large spaces that are bright and airy. I'm sure that originally this was several rooms but seeing it now I can't possibly imagine it any other way because it's perfect. The back wall is entirely replaced with glass and the view from it is stunning. There's a large curved staircase on the west side of the room and the high ceiling is something from a home magazine. The wooden floors and plush carpet make this very similar to the house of my dreams.

"Carlisle." I smiled, glad that he's the first person I see.

"Valentina, welcome to my home." he said, walking over to hug me.

I've grown used to it, the coolness, it still gives me the shivers but I'm a cold temperature loving girl so I don't find it that cold, not consciously anyway. He took my hands in his and smiled at me.

"Your home is absolutely beautiful." I said, still looking around.

"Thank you, my wife is the one who decorates them." he said, motioning to a woman walking out of the kitchen.

She has the same paleness that I've come to expect from the Cullen's. The same physically beautiful attributes but there's something softer to Esme than there is to Carlisle and Emmett. Her caramel-colored hair falls softly around her heart-shaped face. She really is stunning, a bit smaller than Carlisle but they pair nicely.

"Esme, this is Valentina and Ava Rae." Emmett said, handing me my daughter who was swaddled in her blanket and fussing.

"La mia bambina, it's okay sweetie." I said, taking the blanket off.

"She's beautiful. It's wonderful to finally meet you." Esme said.

"Thank you, the pleasure is all mine, Emmett talks about you all of the time."

"The same with you, he talks about you and Ava all of the time." she said, a soft smile on her face.

"You're here! It's nice to finally meet you. We've been hounding Emmett to bring you over for forever." another female said, shorter and very graceful in her movements as she stopped in front of me and hugged me, Emmett's sigh loosened some of the tension I was feeling by the abrupt movement.