Dying on the inside (chapter 81)

Mulai dari awal

After Riley and Mary left, I wiped the blood away from my bottom lip and then got changed as fast as I could. I took my phone and ran out the room.

,,I need to go." I said, took my keys and just run out the apartment. I didn't know where I was going, but I tried every possibility.

I ran to the praxis and on the way there I called Ethan, but he didn't pick up either.

Why was nobody picking up!?

I started calling Addison hopping that at least she would pick up.

,,Mila?" Addison answered the phone and I let out a small breath.

,,Adi, did you hear anything from Shawn since yesterday night? Please tell me if you did. It's urgent." I said feeling my voice breaking after every word.

,,I didn't, but what happened? Why are you crying?" She asked me.

,,I don't know. That's the problem. I don't know anything. Can you try to call Ethan and tell me if he knows anything? He doesn't answer me and I don't know what else to do. Please..." I said and that's also when I got at the praxis.

I took my keys out and unlocked the door.

,,I will and I'll call you if I find out anything." Adi said calmly.

,,Thank you." It's all I said before I hung up. ,,Shawn?" I shouted through the praxis and walked in every room hoping he would be there.

,,Shawn, please..." I said letting my voice break completely and letting all my tears storm down like a cascade.

I found myself in the middle of the praxis sitting on the floor and crying into my hands when my phone suddenly started ringing. I immediately picked it up from the floor hoping with all my heart that it was Shawn. All my hope was gone when I saw that Karen was calling me.

Shit I completely forgot that Karen and Manuel were coming over today.

I picked up not thinking straight about what I just did.

,,Hello?" I answered trying to keep my voice as normal as possible.

,,We just wanted to say that we drove off and we'll be there in an hour." Karen said.

,,Can you please do me a favor?" I asked once again not thinking straight.

,,Of course, honey. What favor?" She asked.

,,Can you call Shawn and tell him to call me?" I asked and there was a silence on the other line for a few seconds.

,,Is everything alright? You don't sound good." She said.

,,Can you just do it? Please..." I said and my voice broke at the word "please".

,,Yeah. I will..." Karen said and I could hear that she was confused and concerned.

,,Thank you..." I said and then hung up.

What the fuck do I do now? Where do I go now? Who do I call now? How can I find him and understand what happened?

One more person entered my mind and that was Aaliyah, so I immediately put my hand on the phone and called her.

,,What's up?" Aaliyah answered the phone.

,,Is there a chance that you talked to Shawn since yesterday night?" I asked and tried to wipe some tears away, but that didn't help a lot because others would fall down immediately.

,,No. Why?" She asked confused and that's how my last hope faded. I let my head fall on my knees while I hugged my legs with my free hand.

,,Call me please if he contacts you." I said and then just hung up because I was feeling like I was drowning.

I sat down on the floor and just pulled my legs closer to my chest. I don't know how long I stayed there, but with every breath I took and with every second passing I felt like giving up. I felt like my body was giving up.

I heard my phone ring all of a sudden and I felt like I couldn't even move to see who it was. I knew it wasn't Shawn, so I just didn't know what use it had to answer it.

After the ringtone faded away, it immediately started again. With the last power in my whole body, I streched my arm and answered the phone without looking at the ID.

,,He's at Ethan's. Shawn is at Ethan's." I heard Addison's voice say and suddenly that gave me the power and the energy to stand up from the floor and ran as fast as I could to Ethan's.

I hung up the phone, took my keys, exited the praxis, locked it and then ran like my life was depending on it.

I never in my life ran like that, but I was thankful that I had the power to do it now because if I couldn't see Shawn then....I don't even want to know.

I got at Ethan's apartment after a while and I was exhausted, but I didn't care about anything besides that one person who might hate me for something I don't even remember.

I rang at the interphone like a disparate person, but let's be honest, I was disparate. I was more than disparate. After hundreds of rings, Ethan finally answered.

,,What?" Ethan answered the interphone.

,,Please... Please let me in..." I said and there was a silence that was killing me. ,,Ethan please... I need to see him... I need to talk to him! I don't know what happened! I don't know anything!... I just know that I'm dying on the inside so please let me in. Please..." I said and there was once again silence. ,,Please... I'm begging you..." I said and that's the last thing I said before I broke down right in front of Ethan's building.

When I heard Ethan hang up the interphone, I hugged once again my legs and let my head fall on top of my knees. I let all my tears fall down and soak into my jeans.

,,I don't know what happened, but stand up." I heard some say and when I looked up I saw Addison between my tears. ,,Come on. We're getting in." She said and streched her hand for me to take it.

,,How?" It's all I asked.

,,Did you forget I'm the other idiot's girlfriend? I've a key." She said and I pulled her in for a hug.

,,Thank you..." I said and she stroke my back protectively.

,,No problem, but come on. I let Stacy alone." She said and opened the building door.

We ran together up the stairs and when we got at Ethan's apartment, I thought that she was moving so slow with opening the door, but that's probably because I felt like a ticking bomb.

When she finally opened the door, I saw Ethan standing there with an "I'm sorry" look.

,,Where is he?" I asked.

,,Guestroom." Ethan said and I made my way to the guestroom.

,,Come on. Let's leave them alone. I need to get back home." I heard Addison say and then only heard the door open and close.

The door to the guestroom was closed and my anxiety was growing like a monster in my stomach. I brushed the doorknob lightly with my fingers and with all the guts I had, I opened the door.

------------
I know you probably hate me, but I don't care because I love this chapter. I was really inspired today and I feel like I did a good job with this.

And everything will be fine at the end so please don't threaten me... Thx😇