Forty Nine | More than enough

Forty Nine

More Than Enough

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

Another week of typical university life, fighting deadlines and endless teaching videos to watch.

With a tiny table lamp, I put all my focus on the piece of writing I'm typing on my laptop. Without myself noticing, sleepiness was kicking in and I shook my head. Not now, just please don't come at me now.

I breathed out and gulped, my fingers still working nonstop on my work. Maybe a few more thousand words then I'm done.

"You're dozing off. Rest if you're tired." Jungkook reminded in concern. He's using his phone because he's not a deadline fighter like me. This man finishes his works days or even weeks before the deadline. I asked him why would he do that or how he does he do that and he shrugged, saying his parents raised him to be that way. It's a habit of his to be prepared and not risk anything.

"I can't, the deadline is tomorrow afternoon," I said, not even looking at him. We're at his house, another day of me staying over. Luckily Jimin moved to the university dorm a month ago, if not he'll be the third wheel every day.

"3 pm right? You can do it in the morning, come I'll tuck you in bed," Jungkook removed his glasses and sat up from the couch.

"Jungkook-k... I really shouldn't stop working, I won't be able to meet the deadline tomorrow if I sleep now... I should have given myself more time knowing Narcolepsy will reduce my work efficiency," I said, eyes fluttering and consciousness fading away. As if he knows, Jungkook rushed forward to hold me in his arms and carried me to bed. He chuckled softly seeing me sound asleep already. He'll never stop getting fascinated by how fast I can fall asleep.

"Done!" I threw my arms back for a stretch, overjoyed to yet finish the assignment due in 2 hours. It's a brilliant record for me to finish something two hours before the due time.

"Congrats," Jungkook chuckled and carried his digital camera on his arm, then wore his chunky boots. He mentioned to me this morning that he planned to go for an outing today to snap some shots for his group project.

An idea popped up in my head, "babe," I called and he hummed, tying his shoelaces.

"Can I go with you? Now that I'm done with my work, we can go on a date and you can take your photos." I wiggled my eyebrows in excitement.