Forty | Proved Him Right

Forty

Proved Him Right

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

Author's Pov

Solving the biggest problem, getting rid of the biggest trouble in their life. Everything should fall back in place. Everything is okay now, right?

No.

It's not.

She wishes. She wishes everything is all right.

"It got bad but there's no sign of cataplexy, don't worry Lyra." Doctor Min comforted the younger. "I'll have to prescribe you a stronger medication to alleviate the heavy sleepiness. The new medicine Armodafinil may have side effects like headache, nausea, appetite loss, and nervousness. If they are too much, you have to inform me and I'll have you to stop taking this medicine."

"Doctor," Lyra weakly called.

"Yes?"

"Can I be cured?"

"Lyra... you know Narcolepsy doesn't have a direct cure..." His words pierced through her heart. "But the best we can do is to control it through medications. The side effects, the disappointing outcome and everything, I know they are awful but please, please don't give up."

"O-okay."

Lyra

As I strolled down through the school corridor, the rowdy crowd of students automatically squeezed out space for me to walk through them.

"I heard Yoonjin was expelled because of her."

"Yea, that bleacher incident. Someone revealed the footage of Yoonjin doing it."

"What! So she didn't fall because she fell asleep?"

"Well, yea... turns out she didn't."

"But everyone genuinely thought Yoonjin was innocent."

Everyone murmured to the people next to themselves. I felt their apologetic stares and sympathetic attitude towards me, but none was willing to give up their pride and step up to me and say sorry. Now that everyone knows the truth, that they mistreated and misjudged me, they only acted like they didn't. As if they would ever acknowledge they were wrong.