Forty Seven | Burden

Forty Seven

Burden

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

"What do you plan on doing on your birthday?" His mother asked.

"No plans for now," Jungkook replied.

"How about you come home for a birthday breakfast and celebrate with your father together?"

Jungkook's eyes twitched at the idea. I know he doesn't like to speak to or meet his father, but family gatherings like this one couldn't be avoided.

"Okay," Jungkook nodded.

"Please join the breakfast, Lyra. Jungkook you should officially introduce your girlfriend to your father." His mother complained.

"Yes, mom," Jungkook said and the woman darted her eyes to me. "I'll be there," I confirmed.

The professor left for work first, leaving us two to face the public. When Jungkook and I set our feet out of the dining area, everyone's eyes were on us.

"So he's Professor Jeon and Professor Lee's son, damn, he's hot."

"He sure is, sadly he's taken."

"Whose his girlfriend's parents? Must be some famous families too, right?"

"Dunno, probably. She's lucky."

"He deserves better."

Deja vu hits me. It was like I'm back in high school days. Facing pressure from unfiltered public opinions. To me, a relationship is between two persons, others shouldn't concern not have the right to step into it. Is this what it's like dating a popular guy? Like our relationship is open for everyone to judge.

Jungkook threw a smile and a small nod at me, he then intertwined our hands and walked out of the canteen.

"Don't mind what others say, you know that right?" Jungkook asked when he noticed my quietness. I hummed in response but he doesn't look convinced.

"I'm okay, it's not new to me. I'm used to them." I was speaking truthfully. With Yoonjin as the lead, people talked bad about me in front of my face in high school. What happened a moment ago is nothing compared to what I endured.