Ten | Family Talk

• TEN •

TEN

Family Talk

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

I want to go home.

I want nothing more than being home, my safe place, a place I can cry freely without minding the public's eyes.

"Lyra, please stop walking, you should be at the hospital resting. Where are you going!" Jungkook chased me down the street as I left the school in a rush after the drama directed and scripted by me during recess.

"Home," I replied, holding my tears. I called Namjoon to pick me up and fortunately, he said he can arrive in 5 minutes when he heard my shaky voice.

When I phoned him and asked him to pick me up, he only said two sentences. "I'll arrive in 5" and "are you okay?"

I'm not okay.

I am disgusted by myself. I embarrassed myself. I want to dig a hole and hide in it.

I don't want Jungkook to follow me. I don't want him to see me.

"Lyra! You have to go to the hospital! Stop walking!" Jungkook held my wrist and spun me around, stopping me from going.

"Leave me alone," I said.

"No, Kim Lyra. I'm not leaving you alone so stop running away." Jungkook said in frustration.

"Why are you here- what are you even doing with me! You saw what happened. You saw how I embarrassed myself. You should be like them, laugh at me and stay away from me!" I yanked his hand away and continued my walk to the crossroad where Namjoon will pick me up.

"Why can't you understand Lyra! I don't want to be with them, I want to be with you!"

"Aren't you embarrassed by me? Cause... I'm... so d-disgusted with myself." I bit my lip to hold back the tears. Jungkook paused for a short while, thinking of what to say, then he took my hand in his, "I'm not and I can never be. I know you Lyra. I'll be at your side no matter what. All I want is to be is a good friend for you, I just want to be there for you."

My heart skipped a beat but I ignored it.

Recognising the car coming our way, I turned towards Jungkook and said something without even filtering them, "I don't need a friend like you."

I got inside the car after saying it.

Namjoon looked at me with concern before starting the car. I watched from the mirror to see Jungkook standing alone on the street, heart shattered as he watched the car drove away.