Thirty Four | The Match

Thirty Four

The Match

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

"H-help..." minutes passed like hours, I felt like I've been stuck here for hours now. My throat is sore from the yelling. No matter how many times I screamed for help, nobody came to my rescue.

My thought lingered on Jungkook. He must be waiting for me, he must be looking for me everywhere.

I have to stand up. I weakly supported myself by the wall. My head is spinning as it feels like I've consumed all the oxygen in the toilet.

I have to try.

Turning the doorknob over and over again.

It just wouldn't open.

Jungkook titled his head to look every time a person walks into the hall. Where is she?

He anxiously chewed his inner cheek when he shared eye contact with his competitor on the opposite side of the hall. He's Korea's national team player. The flag of South Korea sewed on his taekwondo rope bright and prominent.

It only weakened Jungkook's self-confidence.

How much he wishes she's here smiling at him among the audience. How much he wishes she's here to tell him he will be alright. But she isn't.

She's not here.

A whistle was heard, almost giving Jungkook a heart attack.

The host announced the upcoming match for under 68kg and called for two names and their respective schools.

"Jeon Jungkook, Seoul Yeseul Highschool. Kim Joon Young, Korea National College."

Jungkook's coach patted him on the shoulder and signalled him to walk onto the mat. The younger nervously fixed his chest guard. Then he wore his mouth guard, clenching his teeth a little.

One more look, she's still not here.

Focus. Jungkook told himself and bowed to the other contestant. The two wore their head guards and the referee announced the beginning of the game. Jungkook bounced his body back to fourth to heat his body a little while his opponent does the same.