Twenty Six | Midnight Date with Ice Cream

TWENTY SIX

TWENTY SIX

Midnight   Date
with   Ice   Cream

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

Pressure pressure and pressure. The only possible word to describe what Jungkook has been feeling in the past few days. Ever since his dad told him he has to quit Taekwondo if he loses the upcoming match, he was under unbearable pressure and it was eating him from the inside.

He was living his childhood, his nightmare again. Being manipulated and controlled. Begging for the tiniest things others enjoy easily.

He has been breathing every second, but not living.

But with her, he's living. He smiles when he sees her, all the sorrows are gone when he's with her. He put on a smile for her birthday and no one notices the pain behind it. It's fine because it's her birthday.

If she's happy, he is too.

Lyra squealed and screamed as they drove down the hill at a fast speed. As if she's a pro already, she stretched out her hand and felt the wind brushed through her skin. The feeling was incredible.

First, she received help from Mr Jung, knowing that she has a chance to enter the university she dreamt of. Now she's living the night of her birthday, with a very important person in her life.

It was just a week ago she was drowned in blue and grey, thinking how she failed her exams and how her future is ruined by Narcolepsy. But a week later, all the worries disappeared and she can't be more delighted.

All she wants to do now and enjoy the night with him.

She's happy, yes, but she failed to notice his pained smile.

"Where do you want to go?" Jungkook shouted softly against the wind. "I don't know, any suggestions?" Lyra smiled and hugged him tighter, her face rested on his leather jacket.

Jungkook hummed, "Han River and late-night snacks? How does that sound?"

"Brilliant."

Ramen, check. Banana milk, check. Sausages, check. Hot dog, check. Instant rice, check. Jungkook gathered the food on the counter and paid for them. He took the free chopsticks and spoons from the tray and took all the food. He balanced them well and headed out of the convenience store.

He carefully placed the food on the bench, his footsteps grabbing Lyra's attention. "Oh, my gosh they look so edible!" She clasped her hands together and shifted on the grass. She has his leather jacket, which he lent her a moment ago, placed on her thighs.