Five | A Bus Ride

• FIVE •

• FIVE •

A Bus Ride

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

"Hey." A voice chimed from behind.

"Hey." I smiled, turning my chair to face Jungkook. My spherical view saw Yoonjin rolling her eyes at us. I heard she had to clean the toilets as punishment.

"Don't worry, she won't hurt you, I'm here," Jungkook whispered and I shyly returned a smile.

"How's your elbow?" Jungkook asked, taking out his notebook from his black backpack.

"Oh, it's all healed. Thanks to you." I showed him my elbow.

"It's nothing, that's what friends do."

Mr Jung came in and began the lesson. After some teaching, he announced a new project.

"Through the project, you have to team up with a classmate and research on a type of literature like movies, poetry, fictions, media, and more. You have to present as a group two weeks later for at least 5 minutes with a PowerPoint and hand in a report. This assignment will count 5% of your first term's exam. Now, find yourself your teammate!"

I sighed, knowing I will be alone for my project. It has always been and will always be me alone when it comes to a group project. The total number of students in our class is odd, meaning there will be one person left out and that's me.

Sometimes, the teacher will make me join a group to form a three-person group. But my group mates will ghost me and boycott me so in the end, I'll do it alone.

Why not? Doing a project alone is much easier. No need to set a time to meet, no need to divide the parts, and you can do it whenever you want.

Everybody started to move their seats, joining their teammates while I simply began searching on my laptop for the project. I'm planning to introduce movies.

"Lyra, can you team up with me?"

Did someone just call me? I looked up to found Jeon Jungkook staring at me. "M-me?"

"Yea, I need a group mate." Jungkook rubbed the nape of his neck. How can I forget, after Jungkook joining us, our class is now even-numbered.

"Uh, y-yeah sure." I nodded and he happily sat down. We discussed what to present and came up with some ideas. Without knowing, the class period is coming to an end.

"Do you want to meet up somewhere to do the project together?" Jungkook suggested, collecting his belongings from my desk and transferring them to his desk which is right behind mine.