Thirty Two | The Eve

THIRTY TWO

THIRTY TWO

The Eve

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

"Hey." Jungkook skipped towards me with light steps. I waved back and handed one carton of cold banana milk to him. My eyes trailed to his empty hands and immediately frowned.

"Where are your stuff? And why are you not in your taekwondo rope?"

"I don't plan on training today." Jungkook mumbled and poked through the thin paper material with his straw to sip the milk.

"What? But your competition is tomorrow." I reminded.

"Three hours of training won't change much, plus I've did everything I can. Why not use these three hours for a... hm... mental preparation?"

"Uh, okay," I shrugged. I'm not a professional athlete, I don't know to be honest.

Jungkook jumped off the bench and turned around to me, "let's go then. Let's go for a ride."

"Woohoooo~" I screamed, my voice cracking from the vibration of driving. I have my arms stretched into the cold air. Jungkook giggled softly and sped up. We drove down the slope with big smiles. This is becoming a routine for us. A stress reliever for both of us.

I leaned my head on Jungkook's shoulder. We sat at the edge of the mountain cliff, the skyscrapers of Seoul are right below our shoes.

"I know this is supposed to be your mental preparation as you called it, but I feel like it's becoming mine too."

"That's because we are each other's stress reliever. What you feel when you're with me is what I feel when I'm with you." Jungkook smiled mildly and kissed the top of my head.

I feel happy, I feel like the luckiest woman, I get butterflies when I'm with him. Does he feel them too?

My eyes are fixed on the man next to me. His moistened eyes created an effect of shimmering stars when he gazed into the lights of Seoul. As if he was getting lost in the beauty of the city, while I'm getting lost in the beauty of him.

I saw hints of worries in his eyes, and stress. The competition is tomorrow, I'll be freaking out if I were him.

At times like these, mental support and encouragement are what he needs. And that's what I'm here for.

"What if I lose?" Jungkook half-whispered, breaking the silence before I could speak.

"Is he going to take everything away from me?" Jungkook mumbled almost inaudibly.