Contents & Chapter Summary / Cheat Sheet

Please find the chapter and act summaries if you want to skip ahead/refresh your memory as this will likely be quite a long story. Although one can skip ahead, lots of the themes and plot key subtleties  are not explained in the summaries. 

Feel free to ask what words mean if they're unfamiliar to you.

This story touches on a variety of themes: acceptance, belonging, identity, abuse, honesty and trust. I will try to handle those themes with humour. 

The humour and language will likely be vulgar and crude to reflect the way in which guys interact speak with one another when amongst friends. 

The story centres around two boys in their final year of high school, while their hormones are not quite those of 15 year old's, they are still pumped full of testosterone, thus speaking and thinking about sex is relatively common place.  

They are also of an age when they're likely to take risks - while said risks can entertain rewards they also present dangers that can have lasting consequences. 

Please have fun and enjoy :)

Note for anyone jumping in: when it says 'Jaeyun' in inverted commas it is because the section is from the perspective of Sunghoon or whomever who doesn't know that his name is Jake. 

Referenced Warnings:

-> 1. Implied sexual assault took place.

-> 2. Desire expressed to commit suicide.

-> 3. Sexual behaviour

Word Count: 259559

Started April '21 - Finished Feb '23

PART 1

Prologue:  New Me 

5,741 words

Jake Sim is an 18 year old (international) Australian boy has had enough of his life. Not wanting to throw in the towel and commit suicide he has decided to runaway and start a new life. 

Park Sunghoon is determined that before finishing his final year of high school he will complete the check list of a teenage boy; Get a girlfriend, having a first kiss etc. the only problem is he has being trying to achieve these aims for years, if failures compounding his lack of self confidence.

1. The Boy from The Bridge *EDITED 06/09/2021*

Jake stages his own suicide to free himself from the shackles of his life.

2. Follow Me *EDITED 27/04/2021*

A phone with no battery and a late night dog walk results in Jake's rescue. Sunghoon confides in his old babysitter Gi about his lack of self confidence.