Like nobody is watching (chapter 49)

Start from the beginning

,,You're right. I mean I didn't think about that..."

,,I don't know why, but I start to think a lot about the future. Like what do we do while Addison is in maternity leave, cause she'll be in a few weeks." I said and Shawn took my hands in his.

,,Let's talk about this tonight. We'll have plenty of time then."

,,I still have your last surprise for your birthday at my apartment, but because of all the stuff that happened yesterday we didn't come to go there..."

,,We can go after work there because it's a short day at work. Okay?" He said with a smile and I nodded. ,,Now let's get changed." He said and we did.

We got ready and left for work after we said our goodbyes. The day at work was indeed short, but it was fun because I was doing something I like.

After work, Shawn and I walked to my apartment and as he entered it his jaw fell, but just seconds afterwards, he started smirking at me.

,,It's beautiful, babe." He said.

The room was decorated in a romantic way with petals on the floor. It was similar to what Shawn made for me a while ago.

,,You like it?" I asked and instead of answering he picked me up from the floor and walked with me in the bedroom.

As he put me on the bed, he stopped to look around at the way I decorated. Seconds later, his attention was back on me.

--------

I think we should get going to your apartment. They are all for sure waiting." I said while I was cuddled against Shawn and he was playing with my hair.

,,We probably should." He said and reached for his jeans to take his phone out. ,,Oh shit!" He said as he unlocked his phone.

,,What?" I asked.

,,I have 10 missed calls from dad, 15 from Aaliyah and around 30 from mom. They for sure think we are dead." Shawn said and I giggled lightly.

,,We are going to be dead when we'll get back home." I said and giggled again and that also made Shawn chuckle lightly.

,,I should call them and tell them we're coming." Shawn said and I nodded. He called his mom and I could hear through the phone how worried she sounded.

,,Shawn Peter Raul Mendes! Why do you have a phone if you don't pick up!? You gave us all the panic of our lifes!" Karen said loudly.

,,We're at Mila's apartment. We....had to stop and get something." Shawn said and I hid my face under the sheets to stop myself from laughing.

,,Oh- Ahhhhh! Oh-" I heard Karen say and I knew she knew and that's when I broke into laughters.

,,Shhh!" Shawn whispered to me, but I couldn't stop. ,,We'll be home in a few minutes. Don't worry." Shawn said and then hung up. ,,Milaaa!" He yelled and then started tickling me.

,,No! I'm sorry!" I said and to my surprise, he stopped tickling me.

,,Now my mom knows! Can you even imagine the way she and dad are going to tease me!?" Shawn said, placed his hands on my shoulders and shoke me lightly.

,,I think I can and if not, then I guess I'll see it anyways." I said and tried to stop myself from laughing again and Shawn let out a groan.

,,Great!" Shawn said and stood up from the bed and I already started missing his warmth laying next to me.

I groaned quietly as I needed to stand up. We put our clothes on and made our way back to his apartment hand in hand.

,,Mila?" Shawn asked on the way.