Chapter 151 - Home

Start from the beginning

The Gatekeeper smiled. The kids bullied Anya and she loved the attention ... and the not so secret titbits. They would probably spoil the Bello too once they got to know her. The wild Boss could be affectionate and seriously clingy.

"Here they come."

Anya bounded into sight with her tongue hanging out and her tail wagging. She turned to check on the Bello and laugh at her. The Bello slithered gracefully on her multiple limbs and seemed to be floating on a purple cloud. The monster was laughing too. The two were racing and Anya had had a good run. Not many could keep up with her at full speed. The Bello was going to be good fun.

The Battle Master and the Keeper gaped at the huge purple creature following Anya. If they didn't know better, they would have thought that it was chasing the running wolf.

"Chosen! We are here."

"Welcome!" Lazarus said aloud. He ushered them into the City proper. His City still had no Shields.

By now a small crowd had formed around them. It was made up of his own City NPCs and numerous touring Heroes. Lord Lazarus was back!! The GateKeeper was here! How lucky they were to bump into him! And his beautiful wolf was here too! And what was that following her? A huge purple Boss!! They glanced surreptitiously at Lazarus. He wasn't nervous or worried ... so they shouldn't either, right? However a few Players did go into battle mode, just in case.

"Everyone, please welcome the Bello. She is under my protection and will be staying at the nearby lake. Please do not bother her while she acclimatises herself to her new home."

"Wow, a monster!"

"Is it a Boss?"

"It looks like a wild Boss. We can get extra XP and level up faster if we fight and kill it a few times."

The last comment triggered Lazarus. What!?

He turned to face Apollo, Ranger, Level 38.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. She can and will protect herself."

"Really?"

"Yes, really," replied Lazarus. "But if you somehow managed to hurt her, you will have to answer to me."

Next to him, Anya growled.

"And me! I have adopted the purple one. She has promised to run with me. She is my new pup."

The Bello smiled sweetly. The other human had angered her human and the furry one. She will take care of him.

A tentacle snaked out at lightning speed, coiling around the offending Hero. She was so fast he did not have time to react. The Bello lifted him up high and brought him to her eye level.

"Whaaaaa! Help!!" yelled the Ranger.

The Bello studied him curiously then turned to Lazarus.

"Myutt, myutt?"

"He made you angry. Can I squish him?"

Lazarus grinned.

"No."

"Even a little?"

"Ummm, I think not."

"What did it say? What did it say?" cried the hanging Ranger. "Tell it not to kill me."

The other Players watched the spectacle in amusement. They were not afraid; Lord Lazarus was in charge here. Clearly the monster that the GateKeeper brought back with him was intelligent and understood what the Ranger had said. She must be offended that he would use her to level up.