#93 Tuukka Rask Imagine

After a long drive from the hospital, you, your husband, and your newborn son were finally home. Tuukka takes your things while you hold Luukas, and you walk inside. Tuukka disappears with your bags, so you sit in the family room. You smile down at Luukas’ scrunched-up face.

"How are you so good with kids?" Tuukka questions.

You laugh and say, “I’m a kindergarten teacher, silly. It’s what I do.”

He smiles and reaches for Luukas slowly, and you gladly hand him off. Tuukka looks down with the biggest smile on his face as he sways lightly. He looks back at you and says, “Go upstairs and sleep. It’s been a while since you got some real sleep.”

You nod and give him and Luukas a kiss before going upstairs. Without changing out of your sweats, you crawl into bed and FALL ASLEEP almost as soon as your head hits the pillow.

When you wake back up, you see that it’s dark outside. You look at your alarm clock, and it reads two in the morning. You start to worry when you see that the other side of the bed is empty, so you jump out of bed and check the new nursery. It’s completely empty, so you rush down the stairs and stop in the family room at the sight.

Tuukka’s still on the couch, but he’s lying down with Luukas on his chest. Tuukka’s hand it protectively on Luukas’ back so that he doesn’t fall off, and they’re both asleep, their breathing in sync. You smile and manage to take a picture before Tuukka starts to wake up. He looks around and gives you a sleepy grin once his eyes land on you.

"Hey," you whisper.

"Hey," he says groggily. "What time is it?"

"2:26 in the morning. Looks like I’m not the only one that’s tired," you joke.

"I don’t want to leave him, yet," he sighs as you two start to walk upstairs.

"You aren’t leaving him if he’s down the hall. You’re just…observing from afar," you comment.

"Observing from afar?" he chuckles. "I didn’t know I was on a safari."

"Shut up. You know what I’m trying to say."

"I know. I’m just teasing," he says as he puts Luukas in his crib.

"You’re saying that like I don’t know. You’ve been teasing me since I met you in Finland," you tell him.

You both kiss Luukas’ forehead before going back to your bedroom. When you crawl into bed, he puts his arm around you and kisses your neck as your back settles against his chest.

"You know I do it with love," he mumbles.

"You seem to be the only guy that teases because he likes somebody," you say with a sleepy chuckle.

"Admit it; you love it."

"Didn’t say I didn’t. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

-Emily