#36 Claude Giroux Imagine

It’s Friday night and somehow your friends managed to get you to a club, then ditched you. So now you’re sitting at a bar cradling a half full beer and having sleazy guys coming and hitting on you. You’ve thought about leaving multiple times but you agreed to be the designated driver, so sadly you couldn’t. While lost in your thoughts you didn’t notice someone sit in the seat next to you, so you were startled when you heard someone say “Hey beautiful.” You were about to tell this guy off but when you turned around to look at him you couldn’t. You immediately noticed his beautiful hazel eyes, his red hair was pushed back into a casual flow, and he had a breathtaking smile. Claude Giroux. Claude Giroux was talking to you; a handsome professional hockey player was talking to you.

   You realized he was waiting for you to respond and you managed to stutter out “Y-your Claude Giroux.” He smiled at you and said “Yes I am and what’s your name beautiful?” “Y/N” you said blushing. “Well that’s a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.” “I bet you say that to every girl don’t ya?” you say with a new found confidence, realizing he probably just wants to get laid. He looks at you shocked and says with a cocky smirk “I just use on the ones that deserve it.” You roll your eyes and start to walk away. “Wait Y/N!” Claude shouts grabbing your wrist before you could walk too far away. “Listen Claude I am not going to be a one night stand, ok. So just leave me alone!” You shout yanking your wrist from his grasp. “Y/N, wait it’s not going to be like that.” “How do I know that we’ve known each other for what, 5 minutes? I refuse to be another notch in your bedpost!” “Will you please hear me out…?” He says sounding…desperate? You were about to make a retort, but you saw the look he had in his eyes. It was a look of confidence and desperation, like he really didn’t want you to leave. So, you agreed and the reaction was shocking.

  He smiled so big you thought his face would break and then he lightly grabbed your hand and brought you to a quieter part of the club. “So you probably wondering why I really didn’t want you to leave.” He said and you nodded your head in agreement. “Well, this is going to sound really cliché but when I first saw you walk into the club I thought you were the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen, and my thought was is she here by herself? So I continued watching you out of the corner of my eye and I saw you reject guy after guy. I’ll admit that I was a little jealous of them having the chance to talk to you. But I finally grew a pair and decided I would talk to you and when I said my line and you turned around, probably to tell me off, I saw that you were more beautiful then I thought. So here I am pouring out my thoughts to you and you probably think I’m insane or something.” He finished with a soft look in his eyes. You realized that Claude just poured out his feeling to you and you were honestly speechless. He noticed that you hadn’t said anything and his face got red. “I’m sorry if I embarrassed you, so um I’ll just-” before he could get out the rest of his sentence you did something that shocked the two of you. You kissed him. He immediately kissed you back and grabbed your waist to bring you closer and in response you grabbed his hair. You kept on kissing but sadly your need for oxygen got in the way. You pulled away but laid your forehead against his and looked up at him through your eyelashes. He had a huge smile on his face and you realized that yours probably matched his. “By the way you wouldn’t be a notch in my bedpost, you’d be so much more.” He said with so much honesty. You smiled and grabbed his hand dragging him towards the exit and then said “Well then what are we waiting for?” Let’s just say after that night he was right you became a lot more than a notch in his bedpost.

-Alice