#20 Marc Staal Imagine

You walked into the bar not really sure what to expect. Your friend Jessica had convinced you to go out to this bar a lot of hockey players go to after games because she had a crush on Derick Brassard of the New York Rangers. Reluctantly, you agree to go if she buys you a drink. “(Y/N) come on,” she pulls you toward the bar and you anxiously look around as she orders you a drink. “They’re not here, just sit down and drink I’ll be right back,” Jessica said and handed you your girly pink martini thing. Whatever it was, it was sweet, and tasted a little like cotton candy, so you ordered another one after drinking the first one quickly. You heard a bunch of noise from the front of the bar and realized the team was arriving. You quickly texted Jessica, but when you got no reply, you started to freak out. The bar scene wasn’t really your thing, and you hardly went out drinking, so when a bunch of hockey players came into the busy bar with swarms of girls flocking around them, you started to get a little claustrophobic.

"Hey, can I get you a drink? Or a refill of whatever that is?" Someone says as they sit down next to you. "Um, okay," your voice started to shake as you realize how attractive he is. "Hey, I’m Marc," he said, and you manage to introduce yourself without having a panic attack. "So, do you come here often?" He asks. "No, I’m here with my friend Jessica, she’s…" you looked around for her and find her making out with (whom you assume is) Derick Brassard. Marc sees who you’re looking at and laughs. "I’m guessing you’re friend is the girl with her tongue down Derick’s throat." Marc smiled at you and the butterflies in your stomach start fluttering again. "Yeah, she was kind of hoping to meet him tonight, I guess she did," you didn’t intend for that to be funny, but Marc laughed, which made you laugh. "(Y/N) I like you, don’t go anywhere," he said before he left.

Less than a minute after he left, you find another guy sitting next to you. “Hey, I’m Jesper,” he said with a noticeable accent. “Jasper?” You asked, not sure if you heard him correctly. “Jesper, Jesper Fast? I play for the Rangers?” He explained and looked at you like you should know who the hell he is. “Sorry, I don’t follow hockey,” you shrug. “Then why were you flirting with Marc Staal?” He teased you, but you looked at him confused. “You mean he plays hockey?” You somehow hadn’t connected the fact that he started talking to you right after a bunch of hockey players arrived. “Yup, and so do I,” Jesper continued.

"Hey, I leave for five minutes and you’re hitting on my girl?" Marc appeared next to Jesper. (Did he just call you his girl?!?!) "Hey, sorry, didn’t realize you had dibs on her," Jesper held up his hands and took a step back. "I don’t have ‘dibs’ on her, that’s disrespectful," Marc replied and crossed his arms. "And if you want keep your perfect, straight, nose, then I suggest you beat it," Marc took a step closer to Jesper and looked down at him. "I- I’m sorry," he stammered and slinked away to find some other girl to hit on. Marc casually sits back down next to you as if nothing had happened, but you stare at him in shock. "Umm…" You started, but really didn’t know what to say. "Sorry about Jesper. He just got called up from the AHL last week and now he thinks he’s famous or something," Marc explained, but you were still staring at him with you mouth open.

"Hey, (Y/N) are you okay?" He leaned closer to look at your face, "You have really pretty eyes, you know." You blushed at his compliment, "Thanks, so do you." You didn’t realize it, but you had said that out loud. You blush some more, but he laughs. "I hope you’re blushing because you’re embarrassed and not because of the alcohol, because if you’re drunk I’d feel bad about doing this," he leaned forward and kissed you on the lips, drawing you closer. You let him pull you off the bar stool and slowly lead you out of the bar. "So, (Y/N), what do you say we get out of the cold New York weather and head back to my place?" You smiled and nodded yes, and he pulled you close as he hailed a cab.

-Lila